Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

After market trigger

Danny M

I just got the Geissele SD3Gun trigger and the flat trigger feels great on it. At first it threw me off and I wasn't sure I would like it but after a few minutes of getting used to it and comparing it to curved triggers I discovered I much prefer the straighter trigger with a wide surface.

CM

Does anyone have experience with the McCormick set up with the straight trigger? Are they any good? Does the shape of the trigger help or no?

I had the chance to play with one at the pro am. To put it nicely I was really disappointed, lots of creep and the break was squishy. I was bummed to say the least.

Sorry to hear that. I know the guy sold all he had there and someone even offered to but the one out of his rifle. All the ones I have used have been had no to very little creep. Especially compared to all the two stage triggers some are using. I think they are a great trigger and I have jp ar gold and giesselle triggers as well

I use the Geissele SD3Gun. It is almost like getting a crisp 1911 trigger for your AR.

I've also used the Geissele SSA it is a more traditional 2-stage trigger, both feel a lot better than my old GI triggers.

I use the Geissele SD3Gun. It is almost like getting a crisp 1911 trigger for your AR.

I've also used the Geissele SSA it is a more traditional 2-stage trigger, both feel a lot better than my old GI triggers.

Your 1911's must have a longer trigger pull than my 1911.

The Geissele S3G/SD3G feel more like ultra-smooth Glock triggers to me.

The AR Gold feels more like a 1911 and in some ways I like it even more than my 1911 trigger.

Does anyone have experience with the McCormick set up with the straight trigger? Are they any good? Does the shape of the trigger help or no?

I use one in my rifle. Very crisp with little to no takeup. only problem is that if you get too high on the trigger, I find that the gun can bump fire very easily

having installed a few JP's for people, I think they are the way to go....when adjusted properly, they have very minimal takeup and a very light pull

Edited by GorillaTactical

After checking out the CMC flat triggers at pro-am I ordered two of them. I had the JP trigger and hammer in my AR and liked it but wanted to try the flat trigger since all my guns have flat triggers.

My JP broke at 3.5# using the yellow hammer spring. Reset was short and light.

The CMC breaks at 2.5# if measured in the middle of the flat trigger. 2.0# if measured at the bottom. The reset is much stronger since it uses heavier springs than I had installed in my JP. The reset distance is slightly longer than my JP, but since I don't ride the reset when I shoot I don't think it's a deal breaker. It's not a great deal longer, I had both triggers installed in lowers and was able to compare side by side.

I've only used the CMC in one stage so far but my initial opinion is good. I like the feel of it and the pull is very good. I bought two, the other one is sitting in a stripped lower still. Now I just need to build a rifle around it.

Wilson Combat 3 Gun Trigger. Expensive, but worth it.

I also use the Wilson 3G trigger. I have had zero issues with it and it's much better than factory. I have not used other aftermarket triggers so I can't make any other comparisons.

I have not tried the AR Gold but from what I hear that may be the ticket. I have several JPs one factory installed in my CTR-02 and two others I installed. The installation is easy if you follow thier instructions. You do need to blue loctite the trigger once you have it set the way you like it.