Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm M&P Pro Accuracy Troubleshooting

Jeff9mmM&P

Hi,

I bought new 9mm Pro recently and need some recommendations from seasoned Pro shooters please. My personal history is I have been shooting the full size M&P 9mm model in USPSA competition the last 6 years. Here is my issue and maybe some good people have a suggestion for me on the Pro model:

Problem: At 21' my 9mm Pro is shooting tight groups 1.5" low. I am not pulling down, milking grip etc. etc.

Here is the set up:

115gr copper plated bullet, 4.9grs bullseye powder, 1.120" OAL. This load is dead on with my full size, holding the fiber optic front over the bullseye but now the Pro is shooting constantly low.

Pistol:

9mm M&P Pro, fixed sights on the rear, fiber optic front sight from the factory.

Any recommendations to improve my accuracy on my set up would be appreciated before I try to expirament & modify anything (getting fully adj rear sight, changing bullet wt., load recipe etc etc.) Thanks!

Jeff

I've read/heard that lots of people shoot low with the M&P Pro. It was for me but I shoot everything low with factory sights. Haven't figured out how to fix it without going to adjustable sights. I went with Dawson with the .285 "skinny" .1000 W front sight 021-063 and adjustable rear 034-004. Most of the time, it shoots where I want it to go with just about any ammo.

I've read/heard that lots of people shoot low with the M&P Pro. It was for me but I shoot everything low with factory sights. Haven't figured out how to fix it without going to adjustable sights. I went with Dawson with the .285 "skinny" .1000 W front sight 021-063 and adjustable rear 034-004. Most of the time, it shoots where I want it to go with just about any ammo.

Mine shoots 2" low at 10 yards also. Why does a heavier bullet shoot higher? Is it a recoil thing or just different trajectory?

Mine shoots 2" low at 10 yards also. Why does a heavier bullet shoot higher? Is it a recoil thing or just different trajectory?

Here's my understanding and maybe someone else here could verify or has a different explanation

It takes longer for a heavier bullet to exit the barrel, and the gun is already in recoil and above the POA.