Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breaking in 3GunGear holders?

I've left shells in the holders for about 2 days. It's still tight. How do you guys break these things in?

I've read that it's common to use oil to break in holsters. I want to put some Breakfree on some shells and do a couple of runs to coat the insides. Good or bad idea?

rs,

what kind of shell holder is it? plastic or the elastic kind?

lynn

It's the elastic kind.

I'm gonna leave them out in the sun to see if it loosens it up enough.

I've got some slick eez enroute. I'll use it on one loop to see if it "polishes" up the extraction.

I just left my loaded for a few weeks. They are still tight but very usable. I don't think I would lube them. It seems like the lubrication might work its way around to the adhesive backing and weaken it.

-ld

• 1 month later...

I just put an angled 6-shot sidesaddle and a 2+2 slide lock pack on my 1100. I didn't get the sticky part in exactly the right spot the first time, so I had to peel it off and reapply. Am I doomed to having it come loose now, or is it likely to stick okay?

Now I must find some shells to stick in those loops to stretch them!

Okay ... I'll try that in a couple of days. I could barely get the bare shells into the loops as it was! Thanks for the hint!

For some reason, my 1100 looks much cooler to me, propped against a bookcase with ten rounds of 00 buckshot strapped to the outside. ;)

I just realized that I could take the carriers off of the gun and let them sit loaded anywhere I want. I don't have to have the gun leaning against the bookcase so people can keep knocking it over and asking questions about it.

Duh. :blink: