Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting for a Team

Shawneeboy87

The one thing I realized since I started shooting in March was that its dangerously addictive. I shot once and I was hooked. Now I own two pistols, an AR, and am prepping a shotgun for 3 gun. I was speaking with a shooting mentor of mine who is sponsored and explained to him that the one thing I think is missing for me is the aspect of shooting for a team.

I played hockey growing up and was always part of a team. I've always considered myself a hard worker and I don't think anyone that knows me would disagree. I'm very hard on myself and am always pushing myself to become better. Representing something makes me work that much harder. I know most of you are sitting here saying "Oh this guy is advertising for a sponsorship," but thats not what I'm doing at all. I'd love to represent someone and work hard to represent them well. I don't need perks in order to do so. It's always made me proud to represent who I play for or work for. Whether its a team, a job, or a club..I've always taken pride when representing my team.

I've gone to the extent of thinking about starting my own team. I've designed some shirts and have spoken to some of my fellow shooters about starting this team. I explained to everyone I spoke to that I want this to be something special, that we represent ourselves well and people from all over will want to be a part of it.

What does everyone else think?? I'd like to hear from team shooters and non team shooters...

I'll start by noting that I am neither sponsored nor am I on a team. Accordingly, take my input for what it is worth.

I agree that being on a team provides a desirable level of accountability. Not only do you need to live up to your own standards, but you also have a group of friends to answer to as well. I personally feel that this offers that additional push to make yourself better (comptetively, as a shooter, and as a person). Best of luck in your team start-up!

I like it and I have shot on a team for all most 20 years. STC is a seasonal event but was one of the most important things that drove my shooting. It puts the approach to your strategy in a different light. No one on your team wanted you to risk a crash jumping for the high points. as in 'Don't try to shoot outside your comfort zone'

your score was part of the team score , so any gamble was not polite

That strategy sneaked in to the rest of my shooting and has put me on the first page of many events , BUT it has held me back too with shooting to much inside my comfort zone.

Breaking out of old habits is hard. I have to make an effort to get closer to the edge and risk the fall when I am just shooting for my self.

most of the squads I shoot on form a team to solve the problems, even to the point that an eyebrow gets raised when I point out a trap to next squad following us.

I got lucky and shoot on a team. There are several of us, all with the same sponsor shirts (a mortgage company).

I know what you are saying. I like being a part of the group. I like that we all live miles apart and come together at various matches, squad together and shoot. None of us are professionals. We are classed C to M. We always have a good time!!

Do some shirts and put it together. Teams are great, make one!!!

I got lucky and shoot on a team. There are several of us, all with the same sponsor shirts (a mortgage company).

I know what you are saying. I like being a part of the group. I like that we all live miles apart and come together at various matches, squad together and shoot. None of us are professionals. We are classed C to M. We always have a good time!!

Do some shirts and put it together. Teams are great, make one!!!

+1 I did.

The one thing I realized since I started shooting in March was that its dangerously addictive. I shot once and I was hooked. Now I own two pistols, an AR, and am prepping a shotgun for 3 gun. I was speaking with a shooting mentor of mine who is sponsored and explained to him that the one thing I think is missing for me is the aspect of shooting for a team.

I played hockey growing up and was always part of a team. I've always considered myself a hard worker and I don't think anyone that knows me would disagree. I'm very hard on myself and am always pushing myself to become better. Representing something makes me work that much harder. I know most of you are sitting here saying "Oh this guy is advertising for a sponsorship," but thats not what I'm doing at all. I'd love to represent someone and work hard to represent them well. I don't need perks in order to do so. It's always made me proud to represent who I play for or work for. Whether its a team, a job, or a club..I've always taken pride when representing my team.

I've gone to the extent of thinking about starting my own team. I've designed some shirts and have spoken to some of my fellow shooters about starting this team. I explained to everyone I spoke to that I want this to be something special, that we represent ourselves well and people from all over will want to be a part of it.

What does everyone else think?? I'd like to hear from team shooters and non team shooters...

I'm doing the same thing. and feel the same way you do. Techwear USA is who I am working with to design a shirt. Would love to represent your team here in Illinois! PM me if you get this going.