Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting into USPSA Limited

Pizzim

Ive been shooting pistol for a while but mainly IDPA and similar events. Shot a USPSA match and had a good time so i decided i would build a gun for it.

Snagged a G22 police trade in and my fun has begun. So far it just has a extended mag release and Zev magwell but soon to be ordered is the Tungsten guiderod Zev Ultimate fulcrum, extended slide release and some warren tactical sights.

Cant wait to get it all together so i can start building a load for it, and well of course shoot it

If im on my way to problems with this set up input is welcome as im always open to opinions

Shoot it the way it is until you get the set up you want. I found that as I shot more and more, teh more I learned about what made the pistol feel better to me. And I think you sill also come to realize what almost all of us to at some point, that it's the Indian and not the arrow. Unless you are someone that is exceptionally talented, the gun as it is is better than you are.

Have you shot an extended mag release or slide release gun? I hate them both.

I agree here. I replaced the stock extended slide release in my G34 for a standard slide release and filed down the corners on the extended magazine release. The mag release was digging into my support hand and my thumb was holding down the extended slide release so that it wouldn't hold open on the last shot. I do like the extended mag release on the competition models, but just have to contour it a bit to make it comfy. YYMV

Sounds like a pretty good starter setup

I agree here. I replaced the stock extended slide release in my G34 for a standard slide release and filed down the corners on the extended magazine release. The mag release was digging into my support hand and my thumb was holding down the extended slide release so that it wouldn't hold open on the last shot. I do like the extended mag release on the competition models, but just have to contour it a bit to make it comfy. YYMV

YES! The corners on that thing were like razors.

And if you are shooting in Production division in USPSA, which rule in Appendix D4 do you point to say that it was legal for you to "contour" the mag release to make it more comfy?

And if you are shooting in Production division in USPSA, which rule in Appendix D4 do you point to say that it was legal for you to "contour" the mag release to make it more comfy?

Is this thread not about USPSA Limited?

If im on my way to problems with this set up input is welcome as im always open to opinions

Hello and welcome to the forums!

You are more than likely. We all go through the "build" thing early on to one degree or another.

One of my failings was always "improving" a perfectly good, functioning

gun. Gigantic waste of time and money ultimately. Invest the passion in

the shooting. Good competition sights, mag extensions and ammo, that's it.

Time the gun. Call your shots. Enjoy!

Jim

Is this thread not about USPSA Limited?

Yup.

Sorry. My fault. I was jumping back and forth between two threads about Production and Limited but both were discussing Glocks, and I got confused.

Unlike you guys, my hands apparently are not big enough for the mag release to bite me. The extended slide stop that ame on my 24 and 35 is still too short for my stubby little thumb to reach it. I can't reach either without shifting my grip.