Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belton Gun Club 3-gun South Carolina

• 2 weeks later...

For those that didn't make it, you missed a good one. Well worth the 2 hour drive from Augusta. Enough fast, close stuff to keep the hosers happy, enough tough, long shots (partial targets freestanding from 100 yards) to keep people honest, and enough options of different ways to shoot stages to make people think. 3 of the 4 things I love about good 3-gun matches. If only had been able to win, it would have been 4 out of 4. :)

• 2 months later...

The Belton gun club will be holding its monthly multigun match Saturday, December 10. There will be 5 challenging stages.

300 yd rifle targets, 100 yd pistol, 50 yd slugs at the dreaded MGM double spinner, clay "rabbits", Texas Star and pigeon flippers.

See belton gun club for directions.

The Belton gun club will be holding its monthly multigun match Saturday, Sept 10. Visit the link below for more information.

http://www.wheatonar...gun-events.html

Stages look so good I'm coming back from Atlanta area and bringing a friend :)

Awesome! I'm somebody's friend.

Stages do look really fun and challenging. See you on Saturday :cheers:

That spinner is going down this weekend. I dont give a damn if it takes a bayonette charge, that bitch is turning.

I would just like to say that I did in fact turn the spinner with both the slugs and my 9mm. I may have F'ed up the rest of the match, but I flipped that bitch...twice.

Thanks Bill and Robbie for putting on the match. Y'all did a damn fine job, again.

...and thanks to Cap for doing a fine job of running our squad.

That spinner kicked my butt twice on the same stage. The last match I screwed up and offered to go first not knowing how to spin hat thing with birdshot. This time *I* shuffled the scoresheets and *I* came up first! Never did hit the spinner with the slugs but did put two in the no-shoot next to it. With the pistol I believe I dumped at least 2 full mags at it and hit the bottom a few times but NEVER the top. From later watching others it seems the hits on the top have more of an effect than the hits on the bottom. Next time I will.....probably fail to spin it again! Tommy did manage to flip it with his 115gr 9mm loads.

We had a guy with an unfamiliar gun get DQ'd on the first stage. He stayed the rest of the match and did more to reset than anyone else on the squad. I was very impressed and hope to shoot with him again.

Awesome match Bill and Robbie. Stages were really challenging but doable. I did spin the spinner with shotgun and pistol!!! I wi be back to this one. Keep up the good work. Thanks Cap for working and shooting and thanks to everyone for hanging around to cleanup.

Edited by MBdocholiday

Y'all are getting too good with the spinner. So, next time we'll do the spinner with rifle from 100 yds (20 rounds max - remaining rounds can be used to hit bonus clay target(s) then spinner with slugs from 50 yds (5 rounds max - remaining rounds for 6" popper bonus) and then spinner from 15 yds with pistol.

I didn't know the long range was under construction. You'll get to shoot the 100 yd pistol and 300 yd rifle next time.

I'll make sure we have rabbit targets next time as well. I'm thinking - 5 rabbits, 5 birds and 10 clays on the ground.

Is the 2012 schedule for these matches available yet? Having just heard about Belton, I am psyched to find some 3-gun relatively close to where my dad lives so that I might get to make a family visit, shoot a match, and drag the old man out to do some spectating. :D