Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If Dillon was Smart, They Would.........

Hi all,

I just bought a Dillon 550B with all the 'need to haves' and some addtional sensible upgrades. I bought the DVD a month ago when I knew I was goin to buy a Dillon 550 and wanted to start getting familiar with the operation of reloading. I knew it would help me understand what else to buy and why.

I can't say enough about Brian's customer service and his online store. I can't say enough about Dillon's products and SLICK engineering. I do have one complaint or suggestion, however: If Dillon was smart, they'd make the DVD available for free.

The 550 manual doesn't really include instructions on assembly. It would be 100 pages thick, so the DVD DOES make sense. However, for that reason alone, I do think the DVD should be available on Youtube and Dillon's website. It would also benefit Dillon to make it available for free on Youtube for those people that are hesitant to take the expensive plunge into reloading (I was walking that line for awhile). By watching the video, I became less intimidated by the idea of reloading and actually made me really look forward to it. It also helped me figure out which 'nice to haves' I should buy. Therefore, by watching the DVD, I easily spent another $200 - $300 from Brian Enos/Dillon..............

Dillon, are you listening? Brian, thanks again for making my investment really easy and the quick shipping. Dillon, thank you for making such a great product! It's nice knowing now I'll never have to worry about the price of ammo again!!!

Here's a pic of my setup and a pic of my first bullet cartridge:

CIMG1868.jpg

CIMG1869.jpg

Edited by grant22

JP does exactly this. I think it is to their benefit as you can see before buying what an easy process it is.

But at $ 20, if people are buying them, why would they give them away ? Perhaps an abbreviated version ?

Warpspeed, are you talking about JP Enterprises? If so, that's exactly why this was bugging me. I bought a JP EZ Trigger, it came with written instructions, a DVD, and the video was on their website. That's really how it should be. They didn't charge anything for directions on the installation of a somewhat complex mechanism (complex for me).

Why would they give it away if people are willing to pay for it? Well, the only people willing to pay for it have paid for it. I'm sure there's some people out there not 'in' yet simply because the educational video has to be purchased. Another reason why to make the video available for free? Because it's the right thing to do........when was the last time you bought an item (especially something as expensive) and had to pay an additional fee for assembly instructions? Another reason is the DVD explains to you why you should buy their products (reloader AND accessories).

Like I said, in my opinion, if they were smart they'd make that info available for free. They might even see their sales climb..........

I sent Dillon an email stating this opinion. Again, this isn't a rant, but a simple observation on spending a lot of money on a really nice piece of equipment but having to spend more money on their instructions. Now, if they had written assembly instructions, then I wouldn't be typing right now.

Other than that, really nice stuff they're producing over there!

Edited by grant22

Or if not free, just include a $20.00 coupon with the DVD good towards the purchase of a new 550.

Bill

That is a great idea. You should be in marketing. :)

I think that would be very fair. It's actually one of the ideas in my first post.....giving a credit toward a big purchase. The coupon definitely takes it a step further and seems like the way they should be doing business.

I purchased the DVD, but I learned more from youtube.

i have to agree with you 100% purchased DVD but learned more about it on youtube,great set up videos

The advantage with youtube, IMO is you get several different people's idea of set up. You choose what works best for you.

I bought my 550 a couple years ago through BE, and included the DVD with my order. I agree, the DVD really ought to be available for download / posted in sections on youtube, but for those who really want the convenience of a DVD to watch on TV, sell it to them.

And I'm just wondering why you didn't seat the bullet down to the crimp groove...

The crimp groove, I believe, has the blue stripe which is below the case opening. The batch fits right into a case gage and the OAL is 1.550" for this 158 gr bullet.

And I'm just wondering why you didn't seat the bullet down to the crimp groove...

The crimp groove, I believe, has the blue stripe which is below the case opening. The batch fits right into a case gage and the OAL is 1.550" for this 158 gr bullet.

No, the blue groove, that would be the lube groove. The crimp groove is the groove above your case in the picture.

No, the blue groove, that would be the lube groove. The crimp groove is the groove above your case in the picture.

Good thing I only did a hundred! Thanks, men.