Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wow! What a difference...

Kanooper

Holy Crap. I just put in the hard sear, USB and RAM in my M&P9L. I knew the factory trigger wasn't great, but these parts from Apex just made my trigger SO much better. Trigger pull is lighter and the annoying grittiness in the pre-travel is completely gone. They were extremely easy to install as well. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow and the local match on Sunday.

I had the Apex AEK put into my M&P 40 and totally agree with you as to what the Apex line of products can do to an M&P. I recently got an M&P 40 Pro and when I finish getting it set up for USPSA and have run several hundred rounds through it plan to put an AEK in it also. Randy Lee and the guys over at Apex certainly have the M&P shooters well taken care of. Good luck and enjoy.

That statement always confuses me. That's what the prep on the drawstroke is for.

I'm not just not bothered by pretravel, I nothing pretravel. I never notice it at all.

But then, I'm not a 1911 aficionado and have always shot plastic striker-fired guns in competition.

Holy Crap. I just put in the hard sear, USB and RAM in my M&P9L. I knew the factory trigger wasn't great, but these parts from Apex just made my trigger SO much better. Trigger pull is lighter and the annoying grittiness in the pre-travel is completely gone. They were extremely easy to install as well. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow and the local match on Sunday.

Don't you just love when a plan comes together... :P Good luck and have fun :cheers:

The Apex parts are indeed very good. Much like the EGW or EE 1911 trigger kits. Can be dropped right in, however, with a little work they can be even better. I've tried their foward set sear and trigger set up and it was awesome as a Limited gun set up.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed their new trigger and forward set sear kit just yesterday. What a terrific upgrade. The trigger is an absolute joy. I like the additional width on my finger and the travel before / after firing is much, much better. Always thought that the reset on these was terrific but now it's just so much better.

Anyone else have similar experience?

That statement always confuses me. That's what the prep on the drawstroke is for.

I'm not just not bothered by pretravel, I nothing pretravel. I never notice it at all.

But then, I'm not a 1911 aficionado and have always shot plastic striker-fired guns in competition.

I guess I'm the same way. I've shot first a Beretta in duty and competition and the Sig on duty for so long that the light pre-travel doesn't seem that bad. However, I'm trying to take out the pre-travel just to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm also not sure about the lack of the positive reset either. I don't think I'll notice when really cranking shots.