Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kneeeling/sitting

This will take you some work , but The photo crew at Rocky Mountain 3 gun had three cameras set up at this last match on stage 3 the stage requirement was 2 shots Hits standing 2 His kneeling or sitting and 2 prone

The camera has several photos of each shooter in each position + the camera girl did some off hand photos of the shooter.

the link is on the last page of the thread

I was able to look at all the 20 photos to decide if I was happy with my positions.

This kind of "home work" is part of preparing for the next level

You would have to look over the RM3G thread and find / ask who the top guys squad was. I am not a top guy but you could find my photos on squad 6 & 6-1

The shots were at 9" wide 1/2 uspsa targets 240 & 250 yards away = not easy but not that hard

Here's my position. For me, kneeling is worse than standing. I also messed up the RO by going prone on the long shots before sitting for the mid targets. :roflol:

http://www.photomotionphotography.com/gallery_shooting.php?i=20

Also check out Odie, he seemed to just pick up his feet and levitate into position.

http://www.photomotionphotography.com/gallery_shooting.php?i=4

The links seem only to go the main shooting gallery. Choose 2011, RM3G, squad 5-R1, pages 20 for my photos, page 4 for Odie DeHan

Edited by Dan Sierpina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've used my shooting partner as a rest during team shoots.

In fact, if that photo is of the IBPO Law Enforcement 3 gun in Pueblo, Colorado, those guys are copying my team which did so first. It was a 4 man team match which ended with some mid range rifle targets that could only be engaged sitting, kneeling or offhand (this after some prior physical challenges). If you don't have a rest make one! We had 2 team members go brokeback prone and the other two (me and John Paul) use them as rests. Worked out great!

As for the sitting position, there are really 3 ways: open legged, cross ankled or crossed leg. I always preferred open legged for 3 gun as it is fastes to get in and out of but cross ankled and crossed leg are probably a bit more stable.

I've used my shooting partner as a rest during team shoots.

In fact, if that photo is of the IBPO Law Enforcement 3 gun in Pueblo, Colorado, those guys are copying my team which did so first. It was a 4 man team match which ended with some mid range rifle targets that could only be engaged sitting, kneeling or offhand (this after some prior physical challenges). If you don't have a rest make one! We had 2 team members go brokeback prone and the other two (me and John Paul) use them as rests. Worked out great!

As for the sitting position, there are really 3 ways: open legged, cross ankled or crossed leg. I always preferred open legged for 3 gun as it is fastes to get in and out of but cross ankled and crossed leg are probably a bit more stable.

I tried to make it challenging for you guys, years past we have had better Team shoots I think.

Still, no one will do the hanging Col. Braddok hang, and burlap/ rat portion of the match, so it just sits there and we let all the rats go :goof: