Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley 3 gun shotgun

Scott Steele

I bought a used 26" Benelli M2 then took it to Briley in Houston TX. I meet with Claudio Salassa and he told me what they offered as a 3 gun shotgun package and some extra's that were available. Here are the pictures of the results.

Cut 26" barrel down to 21", threaded for extended chokes to make OAL 22".

Lengthened forcing cones to help reduce recoil.

Briley fiber optic front sight.

TruGlo fiber optic rear sight.

Briley 2 pice bolt handle.

Briley extended bolt release.

Briley extended safety.

Opened and beveled loading port.

Extended carrier or lifter.

Briley magazine extension (8 round) and barrel clamp.

Ghost loading modification.

Lightened bolt.

Trigger job.

Action tuned.

Polished chamber throat.

3 Briley chokes.

I also saw examples of their 3 gun package on Winchester SX3's and Beretta Xtrema.

Thank you Claudio.

Total upgrade ~$1300

Total satisfaction - priceless

Went to test this fine shotgun and it liked everything I had on hand. The lightest I had was Winchester Xtra-Lite target load 1oz. 7 1/2 shot and Fiocchi 1oz. low recoil slug.

post-21143-0-99176300-1313357827_thumb.j

post-21143-0-68227000-1313357871_thumb.j

post-21143-0-91718100-1313357885_thumb.j

post-21143-0-72153400-1313357902_thumb.j

post-21143-0-93003100-1313357937_thumb.j

post-21143-0-32381600-1313357957_thumb.j

post-21143-0-99715800-1313358078_thumb.j

Awesome Scott!

you know when you went through that whole list, that is alot of work for $1300. Also you showed off the new extended safety that we are making now for all the 3 gun shotguns. Its actually a new product that is not on their website for sale as of yet, but I have seen it, and when you put your finger on the trigger, you cannot help but to hit that safety.

No wonder Briley just picked up the Benelli contract for their tactical line of shotguns. They do awesome work!

Good Job Scott!

• 1 month later...

I bought a used 26" Benelli M2 then took it to Briley in Houston TX. I meet with Claudio Salassa and he told me what they offered as a 3 gun shotgun package and some extra's that were available. Here are the pictures of the results.

Cut 26" barrel down to 21", threaded for extended chokes to make OAL 22".

Lengthened forcing cones to help reduce recoil.

Briley fiber optic front sight.

TruGlo fiber optic rear sight.

Briley 2 pice bolt handle.

Briley extended bolt release.

Briley extended safety.

Opened and beveled loading port.

Extended carrier or lifter.

Briley magazine extension (8 round) and barrel clamp.

Ghost loading modification.

Lightened bolt.

Trigger job.

Action tuned.

Polished chamber throat.

3 Briley chokes.

I also saw examples of their 3 gun package on Winchester SX3's and Beretta Xtrema.

Thank you Claudio.

Total upgrade ~$1300

Total satisfaction - priceless

Went to test this fine shotgun and it liked everything I had on hand. The lightest I had was Winchester Xtra-Lite target load 1oz. 7 1/2 shot and Fiocchi 1oz. low recoil slug.

Scott:

Which model Benelli M2 did you buy and send to Briley....?

Thanks!

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Awesome shotgun! That is a great price, I'm surprised that it was so cheap for all that work.now that you've used the gun a while would you still recommend briley? When I used to live in Houston they mainly only worked on stock shotguns and did not dabble in competition.

Briley does good work. Nice gun. One thing I don't like is the vent rib is cut blunt and the sight is on the very end of the barrel. I had an M2 that I fixed up myself and had Briley cut the barrel to 21". It was kind of an experiment. It was and is a great gun, but I just didn't like the way it looked. That gun is owned by somebody in California now and I am sure they are happy with it. I like my vent ribs tapered, as they come from the factory. Plus, the sight all the way at the end is going to get a lot of powder on it. It also may get messed up in a dump barrel. But i will bet it is a nice gun.

Awesome shotgun! That is a great price, I'm surprised that it was so cheap for all that work.now that you've used the gun a while would you still recommend briley? When I used to live in Houston they mainly only worked on stock shotguns and did not dabble in competition.

Thanks, it is awesome. Yes I would recommend Briley, they did everything I asked for and then some I didn't know about. It has been proven to work with the shells I shoot without any problems. If you live close you can shoot it all you want and if your not close you can call Briley and speak with Claudio to get a good feel for what your wants are. Sean Gains (Power Factor Shooting)on this forum is also a big help with the Briley multigun shotguns. I bought the gun used and got a great price on it. It didn't matter what the barrel length was because Briley cut it and threaded it for chokes. So find a used M2 cheap and get what you want in a 3 gun shotgun. :cheers:

I saw one in the show room floor a couple weeks back ready to go :sight:

post-21143-0-45534900-1328282844_thumb.j

Briley does good work. Nice gun. One thing I don't like is the vent rib is cut blunt and the sight is on the very end of the barrel. I had an M2 that I fixed up myself and had Briley cut the barrel to 21". It was kind of an experiment. It was and is a great gun, but I just didn't like the way it looked. That gun is owned by somebody in California now and I am sure they are happy with it. I like my vent ribs tapered, as they come from the factory. Plus, the sight all the way at the end is going to get a lot of powder on it. It also may get messed up in a dump barrel. But i will bet it is a nice gun.

I am sure if you would have let them know that you wanted the vent rib tappered they would have accomodated you. The front sight could get damaged in a dump as any other sights, with the extended chokes, that will help in preventing that. Briley also makes 2 different front sights one that sits high like you see in scott's shotgun, and another one that hugs the vent rib and much closer to the vent rib. Also the fiber optic is larger than our typical pistol fiber optic of 1mm, its more like 1.5mm or 2mm, I forget which one. I have seen this shotgun personally and they did a really nice job.

Actually need to get a whole new rib and put it on. Wasn't worth it to me, I didn't know they were gonna cut in the middle of the vent rib support. Yeah, but if you don't use extended chokes, that sight hits the bottom of the barrel. Like I said, Briley does good work.

I don't notice the blunt rib because i like front and rear sights on my shotgun (it is setup for me) therefore the tapper at the end is cosmetic like Jadeslade says he just didn't like the way "it looked". But I also understand that some true shotgunners prefer the original rib setup without rear sight and low front bead or fiber rod because that is what works for them.

hax, Try as many different setups as you can and form your own opinion on what works for you. Everyone I know would let other shooters try their shotgun setup if they were in the market of buying one. And yes I do recommend Briley because they do fantastic work on shotguns, like Jadeslade says "Briley does good work". :cheers:

The most difference to me was going to the Benelli M2 platform. I like it much much better than my last shotgun, but the last shotgun was my first multigun shotgun and it served its purpose for six years.

Edited by Scott Steele

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...