Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Start Of The NFL Football Season

renzo808

When friends would mention that there might not be a football season, I'd say, really? How many zillions of dollars would be lost without a football season!?

That deserves a genuine... BOOO-Yah Score one for economic science (as per a member's sub title)

Jeez, I gotta admit to being a football fan for ages. And I remember when the 49'ers were really on a roll during an unbelievable winning streak in the 80's. Montana/Rice. Anyone remember that...? :devil: Woo-hoo, superbowl rings, anyone?? :P

Jeez, I gotta admit to being a football fan for ages. And I remember when the 49'ers were really on a roll during an unbelievable winning streak in the 80's. Montana/Rice. Anyone remember that...? :devil: Woo-hoo, superbowl rings, anyone?? :P

Remember it? I lived it. Had season tix for the niners in 77-80-had to suffer thru 2-14 seasons. Was great in 81-got to go to the superbowl that year in detroit.

I must admit that I was truly shocked last night. After a dismal 2-14 season the Panthers come out and win the Pre-Season opener. Yeah, its pre-season, but they actually looked like a group of guys who knew how to play football, and that was with the defensive captain Beason and the the offenses Steve Smith on the sidelines. And Cam Newton actually looked like a good first round draft pick last night. Clausen stumbled, but rather than spiralling down, stepped up and played better afterwards.

Geez, I might actually have to watch football this season.