Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger for IPSC open rifle?

fritzthemoose

Which one would you recommend?

On my list are the following so far

Geissele High Speed Match

Problem 6 times the price in Europe than in the US and I could not get a defenite answer if its ITAR or not meaning if I can get it from the US or not. (like always no one really seems to understand ITAR regulations for sure and for the most part simply refuse to do any business outside of the US or even worse if you ask 2 people you get 3 answers lol)

Jard adjustable one

Not too much more expensive in Europe than in the US but is it compareable with the Geissele?

Any other suggestions?

The original JP "fire control set" trigger is great but it is not simple to install. Unless you have some skill and are willing to do some fine tuning work, you would be better off with a drop in. I understand JP has a new EZ trigger that solves a lot of this but it still requires adjustment and locktite.

Edited by Graham Smith

JP JP JP

Reason 1:It is a great trigger

Reason 2:John Paul's support and promotion of this sport is second to none. I'm not sure about your matches over there but JP's presence in the US matches is tremendous.

Reason 3:It is a great trigger

I've got an original fire control and one of the new EZ triggers. Get the EZ trigger.

I also have and adjustable Jard and like it, slightly less than the JP

I've shot a Jewel and love it. Don't know what it would cost there but it is pricy here.

Geissele triggers feel good but I have never shot one.

Since my sponsors are Waffle House and Cracker Barrel, I have no shame in statomg that the AR Gold is the way to go and they are so simple even a cave man can install them.

What would be the main advantag over the Geissele for example. The Geissele seems to have a lower pull and seems to be faster. My main issue at the moment with the AR Gold is that it is even more expensive here in Europe than the Geissele and ghe Geissele is like 3 times the price then in the US already. I also dont see the advantage yet. I dont mind paying a few extra bucks if they are worth it.

A lot of it boils down to taste. I like a trigger with a good clean break. To me that is much more important than the pull weight. If you can, find people who have different triggers and try them

Jard adjustable one

Not too much more expensive in Europe than in the US but is it compareable with the Geissele?

Any other suggestions?

fritz,

I've been very happy with my Jard (3.5#, adjustable). ~ 2,000 rounds fired. The Geissele I've experienced was different than the Jard, but not preferable IMHO. Other triggers/trigger groups I've experienced (JP, etc.), have also been nice, but so far nothing has caused me to replace the Jard. When I build my next AR, I expect to use a Jard trigger group. The Jard is an excellent value (performance/price) too.

There are many good triggers. I wouldn't be surprised if your finger was happy with almost any of the better triggers available.

Best,

ac

JP EZ trigger. Nice break. Crisp. adjustable reset. Robust. Good price. Best product out there in my book.

JP not only supports 3-gun, He donates mechandise to raffles for Wounded Warrior at matches like Blue Ridge. Class act. He is self proclaimed trigger fanatic.

Edited by Lead-Head