Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What tpe of sights do you prefer?

pangris

I'm curious to know what people prefer. I'm thinking a fiber optic front sight with a plain adjustable rear for myself.

If there is a REASON other than personal preference behind your choice, please share it!

Edited to add - AWWW Crap the poll isn't set up correctly. :o Can't figure out how to edit it. <_< Sorry... please just reply with preferences. :D

Pangris, I saw in another post you are in Baton Rouge, so am I.

I use a Dawson Precision plain black for my rear and FO for the front for my Glock 35.

If you ever shoot at Precision or the Gonzales match, I'll probably run into you if you want to check it out.

Pangris, I saw in another post you are in Baton Rouge, so am I.

I use a Dawson Precision plain black for my rear and FO for the front for my Glock 35.

If you ever shoot at Precision or the Gonzales match, I'll probably run into you if you want to check it out.

I shoot at aboth places. I'm at precision once a week or so, will be there Wednesday to verify zero on some pistols. I'll probably hit the match on the third Sunday, but it may be a stretch. I get back from Thunder Ranch 5/15 and the match is 5/16. I can see my wife prefering me to stay home... but if I miss that one, I'll be there in June.

You ever shoot the practice meet Wed nights out at that indoor range off I-110? Lloyd and a few other guys shoot that one.

I would like to check out your G35... If you aren't busy Wednesday, I'll probably get to Precision around 6:30. You can e-mail me at pangris@lsu.edu

Paul

Plain black post, no ramping, .090" wide, custom made to be much taller than the typical front sight (the pistolsmith actually had to make my front sight out of a blank). Rear sight is a Wilson adjustable with plain black blade, the notch is .125" wide and it's been deepened considerably compared to stock (did I mention I like seeing a LOT of front sight). This sight picture gives me light bars equal in diameter to the width of the front post which works really well for me. Fast, but also easy to align (the human eye likes symmetry) for longer shots, as well.

like Mr. Thomas.... plain black front .090 wide and at least .210 tall, Bomar adjustable or Swensight / Heinie fixed... once you adjust the rear sight for your load, measure it with a micrometer, place a dab of RTV silicone under the adjustable arm and tighten about .005 looser than you measured... when cured, crank down the last .005, be sure to clean any of the silicone out of the firing pin tunnel and spring and should solve any problems... blacken with a common butane BIC lighter....regards

I am liking a fine serrated rear..like a bomar.....if I choose a fixed sight like a heinie..I will have the serrations milled off and then reserrated like the bomar..then for front I like the the Dawson FO about .100 to .110 and serrated..

I like the Dawson because I can pickup the FO but it is not so bright so I can still see the top and sides of the front sight..and I just like serrated things...really helps me keep focused on the sight..

I use a Caspian Arms (BoMar type) flat black adjustable rear sight and a .100 wide serrated post front sight set-up. In my neck of the woods, this type of set-up is called "old school IPSC thinking". I have no problem seeing the sights YET so I won't be using a fibre optic front sight anytime soon. :P

On my IDPA gun, I use the same rear sight set-up with a Meprolight night sight front sight for low-light shooting. I've thought about using this set-up on my IPSC guns not because I need a night sight on an IPSC gun but the subtle greening "dot" on the front sight...even when it's not glowing...draws my eye to it a bit quicker than the all black sight.

Fibre Optic front sights are to "busy" for me (sometimes too bright) and I'm afraid of breaking one because I'm not too gentle with breakable things. :lol: