Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about using Duracoat

If you arent looking for a particular Duracoat color, the Krylon Fusion spray paint would work well.

You know I have been bouncing back and forth between the two since I decided I wanted to paint them... It will cost me 35 bucks for the duracoat kit vs. 5 bucks for the krylon.... I may just give the Krylon a shot and see what happens... Is there any precautions I can take to cut back on the paint chipping?

Is there any precautions I can take to cut back on the paint chipping?

Yes, shoot the gun as little as possible. and when you do, never let the mags hit the ground; perform only tac or retention reloads, especially in uspsa; those clubs always seem to use gravel for their bays.

theyre going to chip. ;) thats ok, because theyll still look petty good whether you use fusion or DC.

Is there any precautions I can take to cut back on the paint chipping?

Yes, shoot the gun as little as possible. and when you do, never let the mags hit the ground; perform only tac or retention reloads, especially in uspsa; those clubs always seem to use gravel for their bays.

theyre going to chip. ;) thats ok, because theyll still look petty good whether you use fusion or DC.

Haha! I knew this was coming! My source that suggested Duracoating, implied that they would not chip... I think I need new sources.. :blink:

Ohh well y'all saved me 30 bones...

Thank you for the reassurance!

Cal

• 1 month later...

I did my AR fore-end and buttstock with Krylon Fusion. Looks good and lasts.

I also painted the base pads of TS magazines with pink stripes. My daughter loves pink and I figure no one will want to borrow them if they are pink.

I did my AR fore-end and buttstock with Krylon Fusion. Looks good and lasts.

I also painted the base pads of TS magazines with pink stripes. My daughter loves pink and I figure no one will want to borrow them if they are pink.

i guess you can use that stuff for just about everything.