Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun matches in Ohio

So if I come down from MI I can shoot a pistol match sat and a 3gun on sunday? What are the seperate matches like, how many stages, typical rd count per stage and match, mix of steel and paper?

You got it. USPSA is normally 5 stages including a classifier stage. They are typically high round count, 25-32 each. Steel is about 1/4 of targets overall (that's a guess). There was a stage of 26 or 28 all steel last year.

After USPSA is done on Saturday afternoon, modification of the stages for Multi-gun begins.

There are usually 4 multi-gun matches a year in April, June, August, and October. The matches are typically 5 stages. I don't have enough posts to attach a link to the stage descriptions, but the round counts for the last two matches were: Rifle-75, Pistol-24, Shotgun-37, Slugs-6 and Rifle-60, Pistol-37, Shotgun-42, Slugs-2

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. LOOKING FORWARD TO SHOOTING THESE THIS YEAR.

I don't mess with three gun but their USPSA pistol matches are second to none in Ohio. I strive to make every one.

I don't mess with three gun but their USPSA pistol matches are second to none in Ohio. I strive to make every one.

The three gun matches generally use much of the set up from the USPSA matches, so they are very similar except the three gun matches are of course three times better because, well, you get to shoot three guns instead of just one!

I just looked at the PCSI site, their calander has the first match listed on April 8. ;)

Easter Sunday? That's probably going to cut down on attendance. I won't be able to make it. :-(

Maybe we'll get to shoot at easter eggs for rifle targets :surprise:

MD has flown south for the winter, but I will be requesting a schedule change to make the multigun match Sunday April 15th. The April 8th date had been submitted before we realized it was Easter.

The 14th will be the IPDA match at PCSI. The IDPA MD has agreed to work with us to use our stage setups as the basis of the IDPA match.

MD has flown south for the winter, but I will be requesting a schedule change to make the multigun match Sunday April 15th. The April 8th date had been submitted before we realized it was Easter.

The 14th will be the IPDA match at PCSI. The IDPA MD has agreed to work with us to use our stage setups as the basis of the IDPA match.

This is good news! I already had it on my calendar for the 15th.

This is good news! I already had it on my calendar for the 15th.

No..NO..NO! I have to work the 15th so it has to be the 22nd! LOL! :goof:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

bump for any news on pre registrations for the remaining matches. :o

JPD

I think the next PCSI Multigun match is August 5th so may be a little early for pre registration info. There is a match July 14 at TWTG in Danville and Rayners July 29th.

There will be pre-registration for the August 5th match. The MD is revising the rules we want to have in place. We will post the finalized rules on the PCSI website, Ohio Shooting Sports website, and on this forum. It has not been decided yet if there will be a cut off for the number of registrants.

Even if the match does not end up having a limited number of shooters, pre-registration seemed to really speed up the match sign up process. The squading also seemed to work very well. If you pre-registered last match and have any comments or criticisms, I would appreciate it you let me know here or PM me.

Thanks,

Dan O'Carroll

I liked the pre-registration and thought it worked out pretty well, but noticed a few of those that registered didn't show up. I know it's not a huge deal, but I'd hate to see someone not get to shoot because all spaces are filled and then have people drop out due to weather or something. I'm a fan of big complicated stages, but I'd rather see smaller, faster moving stages than trying to limit registration at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-registration is now open for the August match. There are already 33 shooters signed up so there are only 27 spots available after only one day.

How do I pre-register? Website with more info?

Please note that we are going to require pre-registration in order to monitor the number of shooters attending these matches. We believe that we have met our ability to host any more shooters. At the discretion of the Match Director more shooters can be added. Registration is scheduled to open 7/26/12 at 7:00pm. The Preregistration Rules can be found http://www.ohioshootingsports.com/2012-pcsi-multigun.html and at www.pcsirange.com.

In order to preregister for this match go the following site: http://shootnscoreit.com/

Step 1) Once at the site you must login/register/signup the first time there: http://shootnscoreit.com/signup/

Step 2) Then you will need to search for the event http://shootnscoreit.com/search_event/ the event is: PCSI AUGUST MULTIGUN MATCH

Step 3) Once you find the event and have signed up for the event you can select the squad you want to shoot with from list on left.