Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

springfield loaded 9mm 1911

I would suggest finding the real problem causing the no bang, instead of band-aiding it with the long pin.

Even with a light trigger, a properly set up 1911 should never have light hits.

yeah, I would like to fix it........I am being told that the stock Titanium Firing pin is the culprit, and if I have to replace it anyways, why not get an extended one? any cons?

Jason

Ti firing pins by themselves shouldn't cause light strikes.

If you haven't already, remove the barrel and drop a round into the chamber. The base of the bullet case should be flush with the edge of the barrel hood. If the case is below the hood, either your ammo or your chamber is out of spec, possibly causing light strikes.

I use the M2i firing pins, i have thousands of rounds go bang with hard russian primers. before i switched some of my guns werent even setting off CCI. i was limited to federal and winchester sp as a back up but every now and again there is a shortage so i wanted my guns to shoot everything. also make sure you use an extra power firing pin spring. all my small primer caliber 1911s wear 17lb mainspring, 12lb or less recoil spring, extra power firing pin spring, and M2i firing pins.

i'm sure the dawson, limcat, egw work just as well but i bought an M2i because it was all that was in stock at SSI. when it did the job i bought more

Make sure your not using hard primers like CCIs. If your using a 17 pound MS or lighter try a 19. Make sure your actually seating your primers good. I ditch all my TI Springfield pins and go with a Dawson hyper drive. I don't get light strikes.

The light strikes in my pistol were only happening on one of my reloads. I am using a 124gr MG over 3.6gr Clays. I was getting primer flow which built up debris in the firing pin hole and caused light strikes. The issues was the light Ti pin and the super extra power spring were not supporting the primer when it got hammered by the fast burning clays powder allowing the primer to flow. Didn't have any issues with factory loads or my titegroup loads. Since switching to steel pin I've ran a thousand or so clays loads without issue.

gun is new to me w/unknown history, problem existed prior to me owning gun,

my load is: 147 gn bear creek moly, over 3.1 gns clays, fed 100 primers oal 1.140-1.145.

19 lb hammer spring

11 lb recoil spring

brazos trigger kit (light weight hammer titanium strut,)

titanium STI main spring cap

titanium firing pin (w fresh spring)(also cleaned channel)

firing pin stop appears new and measures .132" thick (front to rear)

firing pin while assembled protrudes through back of FPS .027"

firing pin OAL is 2.288"

Hammer is making full contact against FPS and is flush.

• 3 weeks later...