Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Stop moving

ryanncass

Today during a uspsa match the slide locked in a weird spot. After looking at it on the clock I noticed the slide stop was moved over a little and caught the slide. I pushed it back in and went on my way. About 10 more shots it did it again. After that I had no more issues. What would be causing this? Do I need a new slide stop? This is on a stock STI edge. Thanks for your help

are you a lefty? I dont remember.

If so, your hand thumb can push it out from the other side.

Other reasons are that your slide stop pin is undersized, and/or the plunger detent spring is weak or bound up in the plunger tube.

You can create a small dimple or groove on the flat of the slide stop where the detent sits, but if done incorrectly, it can prevent or induce the slide into locking back.

That happened to me too. Froze my gun up completely for 40 seconds. My gunsmith cut a groove in the slide stop so the detent poked in pretty far. Problem gone - you even have to press pretty firmly to get it out for disassembly.

Edited by DyNo!

Take slide stop out look at the end where the detent contacts it, should be a little shinney spot, take a dremal with some kind of round burr, MAKE A SMALL DIMPLE for the detent to go into. This will fix the walking out problem and probally fix follower hitting it to and locking the slide open. good luck