Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loud bikers at the hotel

sirveyr

There are about 15 middle-age male and female bikers in full Harley costumes sitting right outside my door drinking beer and talking way to f-ing loud! Some of us in this hotel need to get up at 5:00am and work tomorrow, while others need to get up and ride their mid-life crisis machines to VA.

Really? Was it necessary to drag hotel furniture out into the parking lot? It looks like that retarded biker movie with Tim Allen and John Travolta. What a bunch of asshats! :angry2:

Made the mistake of going to Gettysburg for July 4th a couple years back. No one told me it was Bike Week. Was almost a wasted trip. We had done a 'Ghost Walk' on a previous trip and want to again. The noise was so loud that the poor girl leading the walk could barely be heard, she had to keep stopping and starting over. If I drove my truck around w/o mufflers and made the racket these 'people' make, I'd get a ticket at the very least. Why do we allow this to go on? mufflers for motorcycles are legal, unlike mufflers for our toys (I live in NJ)

God how I hate those things, and the LEO's that tolerate it and let them get away with it. Id put every one with modified exhaust in a crusher if I could. I know if you had a car with loud pipes like that you'd be ticketed, I know for a fact it is illegal in some states. but ZERO enforcement. I live 900 feet from a road that is a popular bike tour route right. where the speed limit changes from 45-55 and up a hill, I get hundreds of the things all summer that can drown out conversation they are worse than aircraft.

And yep Southparks the "F" word hit the nail right on the head.

The bikes are loud so people in cars know we are there. Lord knows they don't see us. My pipes have saved my a** many a time.

Want to damage my hearing? I should be allowed to retaliate.

Can't be seen on a bike? It's dangerous? Perhaps other choices are in order....

The bikes are loud so people in cars know we are there. Lord knows they don't see us. My pipes have saved my a** many a time.

Damage your hearing? Seriously...you might be over reacting a bit.

As for being allowed to retaliate, how about me being able to do something to allow me to be safer while riding? Even then, riding a motorcycle is a dangerous thing. But much of the danger is unnessacary. Much of it comes from people who just don't pay attention to anything other than what they have going on. Last month I had a person pull out in front of me on a double green and I ended up T-Boning him. 10,600 in damages. I walked away. I was lucky. I know others who haven't been. Pipes didn't make a difference in this case, but they do make a difference.

The beauty of America is that it is a free country that allows us to enjoy the things we love freely. I like to ride my Harley. I like the way it sounds. I've earned my right to enjoy such a hobby and I have served with people who have done the same to enable you to enjoy your hobbies. You love to shoot, but i'm sure there are some people who live close to a range you shoot at that find gun fire annoying. Different strokes for different folks my friend.

If they are too loud, ask them to quiet down. If they don't then take the next step, but don't bash people (and this goes to all posters) who love to ride there bikes just because you don't like the sound.

--Lanzo

As for being allowed to retaliate, how about me being able to do something to allow me to be safer while riding? Even then, riding a motorcycle is a dangerous thing. But much of the danger is unnessacary. Much of it comes from people who just don't pay attention to anything other than what they have going on. Last month I had a person pull out in front of me on a double green and I ended up T-Boning him. 10,600 in damages. I walked away. I was lucky. I know others who haven't been. Pipes didn't make a difference in this case, but they do make a difference.

The beauty of America is that it is a free country that allows us to enjoy the things we love freely. I like to ride my Harley. I like the way it sounds. I've earned my right to enjoy such a hobby and I have served with people who have done the same to enable you to enjoy your hobbies. You love to shoot, but i'm sure there are some people who live close to a range you shoot at that find gun fire annoying. Different strokes for different folks my friend.

If they are too loud, ask them to quiet down. If they don't then take the next step, but don't bash people (and this goes to all posters) who love to ride there bikes just because you don't like the sound.

--Lanzo

This is a hate rant specifically about bashing loud annoying obnoxious think they're cool but arnt bikers. Thats what it is for, your comments violate forum guidlines.

--Lanzo

Rebuttals are not permitted.

CLOSED