Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooter

Chad C.

Evening all,

New shooter from the Cincinnati area checking in. I have some competitive shooting experience (mostly NRA Collegiate Bullseye; some IDPA and USPSA off and on for the past 12 mo.), but am now looking to take the plunge and approach shooting (namely USPSA) in a more dedicated fashion...this forum - along with an actual USPSA membership :) - seems like a logical next step in my development.

Thanks in advance for the replies and future discussions.

-I'll be hitting a couple of SW Ohio matches over the next month (Miami Rifle/Pistol and Oxford IWLA, then heading back to South Carolina to finish up my last semester), but am looking forward to a full season next year.

Welcome to the forums and back to SW Ohio.

Miami Rifle and Pistol (MRPC) is tomorrow. Show up about 9 and meet some benos members before the shooting starts. cheers.gif

I met Chad at the match. He seemed pretty stoked about getting into the sport full time after finishing school. We look forward to having Chad at the matches.

See you on the range Chad!cheers.gif

Thanks for all the greetings guys.

The match went very well all things considered (13 out of 39 in Production, high C on the classifier). I made a few mistakes (miscounted some shots/forgot a reload, stage movement wasn't as smooth as I'd like), but that's all just extra experience I'll use to move up the learning curve. :)

The biggest thing that I took away from the match was the ability to "detach" myself during the execution of each stage. I've experienced this feeling a few times in the past ("stumbled across" is probably more accurate), but being able to do it on demand was really awesome. I'll post a thread a bit later with my take on "witnessing" the stage instead of actively "trying" to shoot it...looking forward to everyone's input.

For the SW OH crew, I'll be up in Oxford in a week or so...looking forward to the continued education. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...