Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I did...he said I had to start with it up, but I've watched IPSC video's with them down...just wondered what the official ruling is.

I like to bend the rules in my favor as much as the next guy

Why would you have to start with it up? Would you ask if you can start a stage with your red dot turned on? I don't think so. It is allowed in open so use it as you want/need.

Why would you have to start with it up? Would you ask if you can start a stage with your red dot turned on? I don't think so. It is allowed in open so use it as you want/need.

It depends on the stage procedure specified. At the match I just hosted I specified they had to start in the up position like you might start with it in a practical application. I have been at matches where they allowed it down at the start. I also attend a match a few years back where the stage instructions required all optics turned off, scope covers (if you had them on the rifle) closed, magazine out of the rifle and chamber empty. They called it Storage ready.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I also attend a match a few years back where the stage instructions required all optics turned off, scope covers (if you had them on the rifle) closed, magazine out of the rifle and chamber empty. They called it Storage ready.

Pat

Did they at least give you the combination to the safe?? :roflol:

HMM, I hope matches like that post the ready conditions ahead of time. I'd hate to go to a shooting match and have to assemble my weapons and load mags on the clock. These are shooting matches, so let's just shoot. I never have seen the need to try and make all divisions level, that is why we have divisions.

HMM, I hope matches like that post the ready conditions ahead of time. I'd hate to go to a shooting match and have to assemble my weapons and load mags on the clock. These are shooting matches, so let's just shoot. I never have seen the need to try and make all divisions level, that is why we have divisions.

You did not have to load the mag on the clock. The mags were loaded on the table. This was not designed to level the playing field for all divisons according to the stage designer. But rather to simulate having to get your gun ready like you might if it was at home and you needed it. I like it when stage desiners get creative and mix things up a bit.

Pat

Pat,

I know the mags were loaded. I went to a match one time that the person running it wanted to level everything up and would not let open shooters load their Saiga mags or speed loaders before the buzzer. Dots had to be off, etc. No fun at all. I like a designer to be creative too, but make it a creative shooting challenge.

Roger

Pat,

I know the mags were loaded. I went to a match one time that the person running it wanted to level everything up and would not let open shooters load their Saiga mags or speed loaders before the buzzer. Dots had to be off, etc. No fun at all. I like a designer to be creative too, but make it a creative shooting challenge.

Roger

Ok I understand where your coming from. At the State match in Kenai they had a stage where we had to load slugs from a box on the table. It slowed me a down a touch compared to the tube guys.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I did...he said I had to start with it up, but I've watched IPSC video's with them down...just wondered what the official ruling is.

I like to bend the rules in my favor as much as the next guy

On IPSC rules they may be folded or down as shooter wish.

I recently went to a match in Ione, CA. where the guy who was R.O.ing me told me that I had to start with my bipod up (unfolded) eventhough the stage description said bipod down was allowed. When I pointed out that others had started with the bipod down, he told me that he did not R.O. those people and that this was against USPSA. This guy, then stated that the description was wrong and that I would have to start with it up. Well, I guess he didn't know what he was talking about, and I guess I should not be surprised.

Z