Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester 296

kmca

kmca, you got good info on the loading data.

I'll add that powder will keep for at least 100 years if stored properly. Don't let the seal being broken scare you. Light and moisture are what gets to it the quickest, though wide swings of temperature in storage will get it too. If stored in somewhat stable temps and in it's original container, it will outlast all of us.

Edited by Shadowrider

The simple solution is to get a 357 mag and have fun

I've got a couple 357's, 44's and a few .410's. It's just that I shoot mostly 9mm, 38 super, 40 and 45, so I was just hoping someone tried that powder in those cartridges.

I broke the seal on the keg and I wouldn't buy, sell or trade any powder that wasn't sealed.

There are probably more than a few shotgunners who would be happy to have that powder for their 410's. Don't waste it by dumping it, let someone else use it. If I lived near you I would be at your door asking for it.

Pat

someone has tried it in something like 38 super.

Yes, but I would have to see if I still have loads, they would be old power factor.

You would probably start around 12 grains with 125-130, I don't know if you can hit major with lighter bullets.

It's very flat and harsh. I never really used it as you could get H-108 for $40 for 8# which was probably about the same burn as lil'gun. It works O.K. with big comps like the old Sringfield 9X25 comp.

personally I'm with Pat sell or trade.

Edited by Powder Finger

Okay, thanks guys. I give up. I was just hoping to use up what I've got. Like I mentioned, I would sell/trade/give away the powder, if it was still sealed. It doesn't feel right giving a "stranger" an open keg.