Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 back from Briley

RobertDFranks

Took a new M2 to Briley for their 3 gun package. Package consisted of, forcing cone, trigger job, lifter extension, opening loading port, action work, front and rear sights, extension tube, mag follower & spring, bolt handle, cut barrel, and Briley chokes. Here it is

post-27944-0-88320500-1310674006_thumb.j

post-27944-0-85771400-1310674018_thumb.j

post-27944-0-00080500-1310674030_thumb.j

post-27944-0-23113300-1310674063_thumb.j

Looks great. How long did it take for the work to be done?

I am sure Robert's took a couple of months, because I know for a fact that the gunsmiths had 100 benelli's to convert over to their sporting package, that benelli sells on their website, Before he brought his in. Briley does all of Benelli's Performance shop work, and will now be doing their "Tactical" line also.

Edited by Sean Gaines

Looks great. How long did it take for the work to be done?

I am sure Robert's took a couple of months, because I know for a fact that the gunsmiths had 100 benelli's to convert over to their sporting package, that benelli sells on their website, Before he brought his in. Briley does all of Benelli's Performance shop work, and will now be doing their "Tactical" line also.

Wow, took a look at the date dropped off 5/18 and today is 7/14, so it looks like Sean is correct, aprox 8 weeks. Sure did not seem like that long, but I guess it was.

Looks fantastic, how durable is that EZ bolt release? Looks like it might snap off with it opening to the front.

CM

The release is aluminum. Its pretty thick. My guess is the weakest point of the EZ bolt setup is the screw holding the paddle to the button. I'll let you know if I break it.

Looks fantastic, how durable is that EZ bolt release? Looks like it might snap off with it opening to the front.

CM

they only make the ez bolt release for the Berreta shotguns. the bolt release that Robert has on his gun, is just the bolt release button. The way the button is made, you must mill/file the factory button leaving a rectangular male peice in the middle to keep the bolt release button from moving around. so essentially you have a male and female connection, couple that with a locktited 4x40 screw that goes into the button itself, makes for a very sturdy setup. its actually better than the setups I have seen in the market today.

Edited by Sean Gaines

• 2 months later...

Took a new M2 to Briley for their 3 gun package. Package consisted of, forcing cone, trigger job, lifter extension, opening loading port, action work, front and rear sights, extension tube, mag follower & spring, bolt handle, cut barrel, and Briley chokes. Here it is

Robert:

Which model Benelli M2 did you buy and send to Briley? Looks like the 26" field model in synthetic....

Thanks!

Phil

Robert:

Which model Benelli M2 did you buy and send to Briley? Looks like the 26" field model in synthetic....

Thanks!

Phil

It was the M2 Field, 26 inch, with the ComforTech stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Brily's is not doing benelli's custom shop guns.

Uhh, yes they do! I have seen it with my own eyes. they get up to 50-100 shotguns at a time.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_performance_shop_hunting_and_competition_shotguns.php

Look at the chokes,bolt release, look at the charging handle, weights. They are all briley parts. We put all the parts in here in houston, and send them back to Benelli. You don't have to believe me, look at the parts, and look at Briley parts, you will see that they are the same parts.

Edited by Sean Gaines

Took a new M2 to Briley for their 3 gun package. Package consisted of, forcing cone, trigger job, lifter extension, opening loading port, action work, front and rear sights, extension tube, mag follower & spring, bolt handle, cut barrel, and Briley chokes.

what exactly does Briley do to the forcing cone?

what does the trigger job and action work consist of, i.e. what was the trigger before and after?

cost?