Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25

Loves2Shoot

Yes, I'll never be on TV doing this, but I've had a few requests to show the pistol in detail a but more, so here is my shot at it.

The gun has a nice balance to it. I adjusted my loads to 130 pf with 125 rn and VV320 and it still shoots very accurately, I'm going to try some 147 and see if it isn't too soft and is as accurate. I like some recoil between shoots so I pay attention. The adjustable sight is very nice, and there are .100 and .125 wide front sights in stock for it, so you can pick your preference. I was using a .100, but will be swapping to a .125 for some IDPA I have coming up, as I'm a little slower with the wide sight but I think I am a little more accurate. I was very surprised to see the video on the 50 yard offhand shots when we got back on the video, after missing the first shot, seeing the next two come in on the target together was pretty cool.

I can't wait until I can buy some of these.

Thank you for the video!!! Great information and loved watching it work through the targets.

Based on your shooting in the video, SA should probably offer you a spot on their SA team!!! Nice shooting!!!

Would a full length (5.25" instead of the 4.5") guide rod be possible and offer any advantage? Also, would it be legal in IPSC and/or USPSA competitions?

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

:D

Edited by szhttm

Thank you for the video!!! Great information and loved watching it work through the targets.

Based on your shooting in the video, SA should probably offer you a spot on their SA team!!! Nice shooting!!!

Would a full length (5.25" instead of the 4.5") guide rod be possible and offer any advantage? Also, would it be legal in IPSC and/or USPSA competitions?

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

Until the 2000 guns get made by SA and paperwork completed and approved the gun is not legal - but word is that will happen soon and then the fun will really begin!!

Until the 2000 guns get made by SA and paperwork completed and approved the gun is not legal - but word is that will happen soon and then the fun will really begin!!

My understanding is they have enough of them actually made in Crotatia, so it just a waiting game it appears.

I wonder if those of us who own XDMs in both 9 and 40 will be able to buy top ends instead of buying another complete pistol?

Dave

I'm not sure that SA will ever sell top ends when they are selling as many complete guns as they are.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

LOL, Rob has never offered, but it would be cool ;) but then I would have to actually care about how I finish instead of just having fun like I do now.

The slide tilt would prevent a full length full diameter guide rod, and it might make it a bit nose heavy. The gun with our solid stainless guide rod balances very well.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I wonder if those of us who own XDMs in both 9 and 40 will be able to buy top ends instead of buying another complete pistol?

Dave

I'm not sure that SA will ever sell top ends when they are selling as many complete guns as they are.

It wouldn't be legal for Production division anyway.

Dave

I don't use it for production. I use it for 3 gun.

Dave

Dave

The frames XDM 9mm/40 are identical and the XDM 4.5 and XDM 5.25 use the same frame and they are not marked with a caliber or model. I think NROI might have to rule on it if you go from 9 to .40 or from .40 - 9.

Dave

I don't see why not?

Yes, I'll never be on TV doing this, but I've had a few requests to show the pistol in detail a but more, so here is my shot at it.

The gun has a nice balance to it. I adjusted my loads to 130 pf with 125 rn and VV320 and it still shoots very accurately, I'm going to try some 147 and see if it isn't too soft and is as accurate. I like some recoil between shoots so I pay attention. The adjustable sight is very nice, and there are .100 and .125 wide front sights in stock for it, so you can pick your preference. I was using a .100, but will be swapping to a .125 for some IDPA I have coming up, as I'm a little slower with the wide sight but I think I am a little more accurate. I was very surprised to see the video on the 50 yard offhand shots when we got back on the video, after missing the first shot, seeing the next two come in on the target together was pretty cool.

I can't wait until I can buy some of these.

how would you compare xdm 5.25 to 5in XD . balance, muzzle rise and just overall . thank you

is that the primary difference? because I was planning to send my x d 5 to you for a bar sto barrel and a trigger job . should I not do that and just sell it to purchase 5.25 ?

Actually I am using 5in xd with Barsto barrel now for Bianchi. I just wanted to do second one with a lighter trigger. But would 5.25 qualify for Bianchi cup? I believe it specifically states no bomar type sights. Because if it is legal I want one. :cheers:

Actually I am using 5in xd with Barsto barrel now for Bianchi. I just wanted to do second one with a lighter trigger. But would 5.25 qualify for Bianchi cup? I believe it specifically states no bomar type sights. Because if it is legal I want one. :cheers:

My understanding is that is was specifically designed to meet the Bianchi requirements. I have yet to shoot it, but if Rob plans on shooting it in Bianchi, my assumption is that it would meet the requirements.

In that case I would like one with bar-sto. Crisp 3.5lb trigger with very short reset, Bianchi cup ready. If you are going to sell them please let us know. That way I can get one already done. One stop shopping you know. If you could guesstimate a cost on something like that it would be cool.

Before changing barrels it is wise to shoot the factory barrel, if it shows good accuracy then have it refitted. I've seen quite a few refitted factory barrels out perform after market barrels(same gun). Another must check on barrels is different bullets/loads.

Rich

In that case I would like one with bar-sto. Crisp 3.5lb trigger with very short reset, Bianchi cup ready. If you are going to sell them please let us know. That way I can get one already done. One stop shopping you know. If you could guesstimate a cost on something like that it would be cool.

Work order form here

I think the pistol will be around $750 delivered to your FFL plus the options you want.

I wouldn't change the barrel on the one I have with the load I'm using. I'll be testing it with lighter and heavier bullets and see if it still shoots as well and see which one I like best.

I will have a bunch of 6" Barsto barrels in stock within 2 weeks if you want a 1 in 16 barrel.

We have a list going, so use the link above to get on list, as we go from the top down when filling orders.