Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 2 Glock 17L

Mickster

Need some advice. I installed the GlockTriggers.com set up in my 17L. The kit included the entire trigger assembly along with a lighter striker spring. What I'm getting is a light strike/misfire about every 25 rounds or so, some factory, some reloads, which makes me think the set up is right on the edge of reliability.

To fix this should I put the stock striker spring back in? Should I get a longer firing pin?

Need some advice. I installed the GlockTriggers.com set up in my 17L. The kit included the entire trigger assembly along with a lighter striker spring. What I'm getting is a light strike/misfire about every 25 rounds or so, some factory, some reloads, which makes me think the set up is right on the edge of reliability.

To fix this should I put the stock striker spring back in? Should I get a longer firing pin?

For now, I would put the stock striker spring back in and see if the problem is eliminated. Then move on to see what else you could do to make a Glock malfunction :roflol:

One of my G34's started doing that with the wolf light striker spring. The other 4 glocks haven't had any trouble with it. Switching back to the stock spring fixed it up but it isn't as light as the other 4 now.

What lightened/longer striker is the rage nowadays? I should probably give one a shot.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

One of my G34's started doing that with the wolf light striker spring. The other 4 glocks haven't had any trouble with it. Switching back to the stock spring fixed it up but it isn't as light as the other 4 now.

What lightened/longer striker is the rage nowadays? I should probably give one a shot.

I think most are using either Lightning Strike or Jager

Jager

Lightning Strike

I was using a reduced power firing pin spring in my gen2 Glock 17 with a stock firing pin with factory winchester ammo and no problems (about 5k or so). Started reloading and got a deal on CCI primers. Light primer strikes every 40-50 rounds made me switch back to the stock firing pin spring.

Would a lightened striker help or are CCI primers too hard?

For starters I took out, cleaned and dried the striker assembly and tunnel to make sure nothing was gunking it up. Checked to make sure the pin was moving freely as it should.

Went to the range yesterday and fired out of the same original batch 50 rounds with Win primers and then 50 newly loaded with CCI primers, same exact load. Only 1 light strike and it was with the Win primer.

The GlockTriggers.com set-up produces a really nice 2.5 pound trigger consistent all the way through. If I put the stock striker spring back in how much and in what way will it affect the pull weight? Will putting in the stock spring cause the trigger to have that "wall" just before it breaks?

Thanks for your help.

Jager. or glockworx (jager is in all mine) Avoid the titanium strikers and go for the lightened steel. titanium isnt the best for a striker/fp

Then why do they all make them?

Marketing hype claiming quicker lock time. If there is a difference it is in the microsecond range. Plus you have a metal that chips/breaks easier.