Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TBS - Tactical Barricade System for IPSC Rifle training and competitio

3-Gun Sweden

A few pics of our TBS - Tactical Barricade System - or more politically correct Trä (Wood) Barricade System.

We're using the PPC shooters barricade holes to support the wall.

The drawings are originally from Kyle E. Lamb, Viking Tactics, and is primarly made for rifle traning.

The wall is about 150-160 cms high.

So, show me your build and new idea how to expand this system. :) Thanks!

TBS-2011-1.JPG

Bipod gets new use

TBS-2011-2.JPG

TBS-2011-3.JPG

The shooter didn't want his face on the net, hope you'll understand.

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

Tell him to get his barrel off the support. At that range he'll probably hit, much farther though and the shots will be way off. Those barricades are a blast though.

With the barrel and the scope being so far from each other, it's easy to shoot hard cover and get a miss, and

with the V Tac they're like only 2" wide.

I shot the barricade below and got a miss due to this.

SCD-1-IPSC-2011-41.JPG

More pics

http://www.3gun.se/showthread.php?157-Bilder-IPSC-Gevär-SweDen-Cup-1-Rifle-2011-Del-2

Tell him to get his barrel off the support. At that range he'll probably hit, much farther though and the shots will be way off. Those barricades are a blast though.

With the barrel and the scope being so far from each other, it's easy to shoot hard cover and get a miss, and

with the V Tac they're like only 2" wide.

I shot the barricade below and got a miss due to this.

SCD-1-IPSC-2011-41.JPG

More pics

http://www.3gun.se/s...ifle-2011-Del-2

YA buddy, it is those type of shots, that gives the sport a little twist,,, the little things you need to know about you and your Rifle,

Cool pic's on your site too!!

Edited by M ammo

I'd poke the barrel through, but lift if off a bit off the barricade. For me I stick it in, make contact and then lift slightly. Then I know I'm clear. If you just put it through and hope you're very likely to have contact of some sort. I've seen hundreds (literally) of missed shots because of people making contact between the barrel and a support. It's frustrating to watch at a match when you can't coach.

pardon my ignorance, as I am not a rifle shooter. If you have support why not use it? A la Bianchi Cup barricade event.

It depends on the shot,, close in,, just make a shot fast is better support not needed,,, if it is a long shot,,,, use the support,, but still do not touch the barrel,,,

pardon my ignorance, as I am not a rifle shooter. If you have support why not use it? A la Bianchi Cup barricade event.

Ken, I've seen barrel contact drive the point of impact 6" from where it was supposed to be at 100 yards, and there's a lot of folks that have seen more than that. If you're gonna use support, you need to rest on the free float tube, or the magazine, or anything but the barrel, comp and gas block.

If you stick it in, you have to pull it back out.

It's kinda like not going all the way into a port unless you have to, if you can save the 2 steps going up and the two steps coming out of it, you just saved a second.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

If you stick it in, you have to pull it back out.

It's kinda like not going all the way into a port unless you have to, if you can save the 2 steps going up and the two steps coming out of it, you just saved a second.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

On a close, tight rifle port, particularly one where the rifle needs to be canted, it's well worth the extra time to ensure the bullets are striking the barricade. Also, touching off a .223 with the muzzle right in front of a big flat wall is a fun experience. It's a little like having a flash bang go off 3 feet in front of you. And you're talking about of foot of difference with most of those positions, not two steps there and two back.

Ken, I've seen barrel contact drive the point of impact 6" from where it was supposed to be at 100 yards, and there's a lot of folks that have seen more than that. If you're gonna use support, you need to rest on the free float tube, or the magazine, or anything but the barrel, comp and gas block.

Now, I get it. Nothing touches the barrel, use tube, I have so much to learn.

V-tac Horse jump

Priceless!

And I'm half American Mongrel And 1/2 Swedish from my mothers side, Magnuson !

Good to know, you have 3 gun in the home land!

3-gun/multigun as we know it will never happen there though, unfortunately. What they have is the less interesting IPSC version with one gun / stage.

Its a step in the right direction though :)