Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glcokworx ZT Fulcrum trigger issues

HCShooter

I picked up a ZT trigger back in back in March and dropped in my Limited G35. At first, I installed the reduced power "2.5lb" striker spring. Ran like a cahmp for about 400 rounds, then light strikes started showing up. Switched to the standard spring "3lb" and again, ran like a champ for about 4-500 rounds before light strikes started showing up.

Finally went back to the stock glock striker spring. This time it ran for about 1500 rounds before the light strikes started showing up. I had 2 in about 120 rounds at this weekends match.

I gotta say, this is getting extremely old. While I like the overall feel of this trigger better than my homebrew trigger, I'm about to yank it out and go back to my stock stuff for reliability.

I've checked the striker tunnel each time the light strikes show up. It's as clean as can be expected, no burs, nothing I can see that would cause an issue.

Anything I should check? Definatly getting hits on the primers, just light. Running Winchester small rifle primers, I honestly can't ever remember a light striker with my stock trigger (over 10k rounds).

What could I be missing? I hate to give up on an expensive trigger.

Are you using a lightened striker?

In my experience, you NEED a lightened striker in order to use the lightened striker spring.

A lightened striker spring with the stock striker will give you light primer hits.

Are you using a lightened striker?

In my experience, you NEED a lightened striker in order to use the lightened striker spring.

A lightened striker spring with the stock striker will give you light primer hits.

I will second this observation. The Jager and LS lightened strikers also have an extended tip that will certainly help with the light strikes. I have both Vanek and a Glockworx trigger with these strikers and do not have issues running Winchester Small Pistol primers. I do think that Winchester Small Rifle primers simply have too hard a primer cup to run consistently without light strikes with these lighter triggers and a 4 lb striker spring. Going back to a stock striker spring may help, but changing to WSP or Federal small pistol primers would be better.

Def check what Flex said but I also agree with Whitefish... running small rifle primers with a light striker spring is a recipe for light strikes. I'm surprised they popped reliably at all with a 2.5# spring.

What # recoil spring are you running?

Also, if I'm reading right it sounds like your stock striker spring has about 12K rounds on it. If you want to continue running SRP then put at least put a fresh OEM striker spring in it and see how that runs. If you want to run a lighter striker spring, then I think you'd be best off to switch to a SPP and a one of the lightened strikers mentioned above.

This was a full trigger kit, complete with Glockworxs lighten striker w/ extended tip.

Maybe the primers are harder than SPP, but my experience running them in an M&P, an STI Edge, and all my other Glocks tells me they aren't.

Running a 15lbs ISMI recoil spring and I don't believe it's getting pushed out of battery causing the lite strikes.

I'll try a fresh stock striker spring and see how that works out.

Flex, I just pulled the gun apart and see no signs of the plunger safety not getting out of the way. Everything looks normal to me.

Can you hear the striker rattle when you shake the gun when the trigger is to the rear? If you can't it's probably because your plunger is dragging the striker. This can be caused by a faulty trigger bar, a connector that's too short, or a loose slide to frame fit (looser than normal, that is.)

I had much the same problem although with other primers. Turned out that the striker channel liner had cracked and the striker was running thru the channel at an angle. This chipped the tip off of the striker which made it short and caused the light strikes. Happened to two strikers before my trigger guy (Bobby Carver) figured it out. So check the tip of your striker.

As an update. 200 rounds shot this weekend, no light strikes. Seems to be hit of miss with this thing. I'm going to start pulling the striker after every match and cleaning it out. Maybe its just more sensitive to having it super clean compared to a stocker.

In my experience small rifle primers and glocks dont mix well. I ran through a couple thousand cci srp's while components were hard to come by and learned how to diagnose and eject light strikes very efficiently due to lots of practice :roflol:

I finally traded the rest of my stock of them with a good friend that was shooting a 2011.

I'm running the reduced weight springs, overtravel stops, and the titanium striker/plunger and have had no primer issues. I have the same set up on both my G34 and G35. I only use Federal SPP's. I have thousands of rounds through both guns with no problems.