Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

Well I am going to the doctor this week to see about getting the metal out of my ankle this winter. I may be on crutches or in a scooter for this match. So will this match be natural terrain or bay/berm style stages? I'm just trying to determine if I need a 4x4 scooter or if the old RWD will do the trick.

The majority with be natural terrain. Thanks, Jim

Now thats going to be real embarrassing when Jessy out runs us on crutches :blush:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have made a new deal with Comfort Suites. It will now be $60 per night instead of $70. Ask for Jamie and tell her you want the Spartan Tactical rate.

Every room is a suite and they have free HOT breakfast every morning.

Comfort Suites

2302 10th Street

Bridgeport, TX 76426

(940) 683-5777

We now have a third new hotel in Bridgeport that we are recommending with a discounted Spartan Tactical rate of $60 a night.

Bridgeport Suites

Bridgeport, TX

(940) 683-1795

Talk with Mindy and Cheri for the Spartan Tactical rate. It is across the street from the other two hotels. Thanks, Jim

Updated phone number. Apparently they just bought out Best Western and they had a number change.

(940) 683-1790

The rates are still $60.

We have made a new deal with Comfort Suites. It will now be $60 per night instead of $70. Ask for Jamie and tell her you want the Spartan Tactical rate.

Every room is a suite and they have free HOT breakfast every morning.

Comfort Suites

2302 10th Street

Bridgeport, TX 76426

(940) 683-5777

Just made my reservation. Got 2 beds if any of you guys that I know want to share.

Ben

Jim e-mailed me at 4:00 this morning :blink: (obviously a different time zone) and indicated he would try to get these out asap. I'll try to get a more definitive answer...

HOWEVER, sponsorship is pouring in :D Make sure you thank your sponsors! (including by not limited to)

Battle Comp Enterprises

BlackRain ordnance

Combat Medical Systems

DPMS

DSG Arms

Evolution Gun Works EGW

Hornady

Horus

JP Enterprises

Larue Tactical

Leupold

MGM

Noveske

Otto Shotgun Products

Remington

Stag Arms

Syrac Ordinance

VTAC

Warne Scope Mounts

XS Sights

ECS Composites

Roth Concepts Innovations

Alamo Tactical

Ok i read the rules and i may be missing something. Will there be a limited class or irons? if so are there 10 competitors signed up in irons division to make? i kinda need to know so i can mount my scope on my rifle and zero it.

also will the prize table be separate for divisions and order of finish or all one table?

if i missed something i apologize in advance

So I read over all the rules again. Will tactical irons have the option to use 1x optics? Looks like heavy metal can use a 1x optic. It looks like a no for 1x in tac irons the way the rules are written right now. Just trying to figure this out.

Surely the rules will allow red dots in Tac Irons. If not there won't beamy people in that division like years past.

The division as the rules are posted is Tac Irons, which one would assume from the description is Iron sighted rifles only. I expected to see a Tac Limited division but there is not a division for that.

Surely the rules will allow red dots in Tac Irons. If not there won't beamy people in that division like years past.

That was my thought. I don't think they will make the 10 required for the divsion if they require true irons.

Yeah that is what i am trying to figure out. I am sure Jim will give some clarification soon.

This is how i read it.

6.2.1.3 Tactical Class rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight and iron sights.

8.3 Tactical Class-Iron Sighted Rifle

8.3.1 Competitor will shoot a Tactical Handgun (Rule 6.1), Tactical Shotgun (Rule 6.3) and a Tactical Class Rifle with iron sights (Rule 6.2.1).

The way i read it is Iron sights only but 6.2.1.3 is a little confusing. So with this rule in place will there be 10 competitors shooting irons only.

I don't want to show up on game day and find out the Irons division did not make so i have to shoot my irons in the scoped division.

Yeah that is what i am trying to figure out. I am sure Jim will give some clarification soon.

This is how i read it.

6.2.1.3 Tactical Class rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight and iron sights.

8.3 Tactical Class-Iron Sighted Rifle

8.3.1 Competitor will shoot a Tactical Handgun (Rule 6.1), Tactical Shotgun (Rule 6.3) and a Tactical Class Rifle with iron sights (Rule 6.2.1).

The way i read it is Iron sights only but 6.2.1.3 is a little confusing. So with this rule in place will there be 10 competitors shooting irons only.

I don't want to show up on game day and find out the Irons division did not make so i have to shoot my irons in the scoped division.

I believe that you have it right when you say iron sights only.

6.2.1 describes the allowances on tactical class rifle (in automotive terms, think chassis, not windshield).

8.3.1 states the description for the class (we usually call it a division). Tactical Class Iron Sighted Rifle (read class, not equipment description) allows the use of a rifle that meets tactical class specs, but you can only shoot it with iron sights. No 1x optic.

Either way I am signed up for Tactical Class Iron Sighted Rifle, so there are at least 3 of us.

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster

Would like to get some info from anyone who has been to this range. I know this is a very large facility but don't know how the stages for the FB3G will be laid out.

Would shooting gear carts/strollers be of any use?

How far apart are the stages?

Would it be better or even possible to drive a car to the stages?

Will water/food be available near the stages?

You get the idea. Any info would be helpful.

Would like to get some info from anyone who has been to this range. I know this is a very large facility but don't know how the stages for the FB3G will be laid out.

Would shooting gear carts/strollers be of any use?

How far apart are the stages?

Would it be better or even possible to drive a car to the stages?

Will water/food be available near the stages?

You get the idea. Any info would be helpful.

As I understand it, Jim has just returned to the States and will respond asap. If you want to get an idea of the terrain, please see the site www.spartantactical.com

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Any updates on the divisions having enough competitors to make it? I am signed up for Tac Iron, but the sign up sounds a little too light for the division to make. I have a Heavy Tac (and Heavy Metal) setup also and need to know which one I need to load for. We are down to 15 days and counting, so any info would help.

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster