Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap red dot for Steel Challenge .22?

Pro2AInPA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see low mounts as much an advantage in the 22 division because you don't draw, much easier to have a perfect grip and shouldn't have any problems finding the dot.

Anytime you can get as close to the bore line as possible, it's always better. I agree that you don't have to worry as much since you are not drawing from a holster but still, I want all my dots and scopes as low as possible.

• 4 months later...

I have a DeltPoint on my Clark barreled 41. They are a little pricey, but work great (I also have DeltaPoints on my 617 and 625). If I was buying new today I would get a Burris FastFire III (appears to be a better value).

post-22361-0-74152500-1328474972_thumb.j

post-22361-0-21689100-1328475289_thumb.j

post-22361-0-47467300-1328475432_thumb.j

Edited by fred5876r

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/scopes-red-dots/red-dots-sight/ea-seemore-railway-reflax-red-dot-sight-blue.html

I got this one in OD green and I thought there was a mistake. This is a straight CMore Knock-off. Normally I would not advocate using an Airsoft red dot(Primary arms) on a real firearm but this thing was freakishly real. Removable dot module and everything. Just for kicks I put my real CMore's module in it and it worked perfectly! I have not mounted it yet but it will go on a 22lr only.

• 1 month later...

http://shop.ehobbyas...sight-blue.html

I got this one in OD green and I thought there was a mistake. This is a straight CMore Knock-off. Normally I would not advocate using an Airsoft red dot(Primary arms) on a real firearm but this thing was freakishly real. Removable dot module and everything. Just for kicks I put my real CMore's module in it and it worked perfectly! I have not mounted it yet but it will go on a 22lr only

Shawn any updates on how this has held up?

Edited by strongbow67

Shawn any updates on how this has held up?

I got a real Cmore module in 2MOA for it and it is working very well. 97$ total is still pretty cheap for what it is. I worked this thing over hard on my AR and it has held up very well. The dot is crisp and bright and is still zeroed. It still has the chinese batteries that came with it. It was kind of a pain to zero(I hear Cmore's are) and it cowitnesses perfectly with my irons. I might get anotherone for the heck of it.

Note...

I was reading the Slide ride conversion on Brazo's website and the internals shown there match every thing on the sight that I bought. I don't know about the real Cmore that I have cuz I don't want to tear it apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure it looked like a 1MOA and it was starry when dialed up. It worked well I just wanted to see if it would work "better".

I bought one of the C-More clones just to see how it was built ($50). A real POS. Dot was dim and fuzzy, module was wire soldered to the circuit board instead of going into a socket. Such a rip-off they even left all the C-More labels and patent numbers when they formed the mold. The brightness knob did not get any output in the first 3 positions at all and many did not get brighter either. I have also considered wiring in my spare 6 MOA module to see it it can be made usable.

Not sure it looked like a 1MOA and it was starry when dialed up. It worked well I just wanted to see if it would work "better".

I bought one of the C-More clones just to see how it was built ($50). A real POS. Dot was dim and fuzzy, module was wire soldered to the circuit board instead of going into a socket. Such a rip-off they even left all the C-More labels and patent numbers when they formed the mold. The brightness knob did not get any output in the first 3 positions at all and many did not get brighter either. I have also considered wiring in my spare 6 MOA module to see it it can be made usable.

The one I have is not hard wired. I was able to change the module and install the one I wanted. Like I said before it is for an airsoft gun but it has worked very well. I just used it on the rifle for a 3gun match and it did what it was supposed to and hit the targets!

I also have one of the replica Cmores. I got it off of eBay and later found out it was a replica and not the real deal. Anyway, I kept it and took it apart. It took the other modules from my real Cmores and all the internals look the same. I only have it mounted on a .22LR and it works well. Never tried it on anything else but it's holding up pretty well.

• 1 month later...

I’m looking to buy a red dot to put on my S&W 41. I want to use the sight for both bullseye and steel challenge. I realize that the tube style is better for bullseye and reflex are better for steel challenge. However due to budget I can only buy one decent sight like a C-More railway or Ultradot Matchdot. Which red dot would you recommend?

Also, my factory barrel is not drilled/tapped so I’m thinking of trying a BME mount which replaces the rear sight. Has anyone tried one of these and how did it work?