Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Monster Match 2011

This will be my fourth USPSA Match. I only have 4 mags for my STI, 2 hold 18, 2 hold 21. I'm guessing I'll probably need more mags, but as I've quickly figured out. Mags are expensive. My question is how many mags will I need to get through a stage? I know I probably need another mag, but should I order 2 or maybe even three? I think I'm going to get in the mag rental business next year. Anyways, if I buy the mags at Palm Beach Shooting Center it will make me shoot better right? I can blame PBSC's mags if I don't win the match right? :ph34r:

Edited by OperationHitFactor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll probably be ok. The highest stage round count is 59. The par time steel will have more targets than that but in reality you probably won't get that far. If you had one more that would be plenty but you can probably borrow one just for an O'shit mag. Remind me and you can borrow one of mine if needed.

However PBSC does have excellent mags for sale.....actually that mag rental business is a pretty good idea!!

You'll probably be ok. The highest stage round count is 59. The par time steel will have more targets than that but in reality you probably won't get that far. If you had one more that would be plenty but you can probably borrow one just for an O'shit mag. Remind me and you can borrow one of mine if needed.

However PBSC does have excellent mags for sale.....actually that mag rental business is a pretty good idea!!

Thanks, no matter what I know this match will rock.

"The par time steel will have more targets than that but in reality you probably won't get that far." Oh that sounds like a challenge to me and I accept.

I may not have a national title or even official ranking by the USPSA, but I did stay at a holiday inn express once so that pretty much makes me a GM. I will clear the steel! If not, I'm going to blame my equipment, ammo, and anything else I can think of besides my lack of experience.

Congrats on the Nationals win by the way. I'll see you at the monster match.

I recently went thru the NROI class at WAC. I met a lot of really nice guys that are members there and were talking about shooting the Monster Match. Makes me wish I could get back down there for this one :angry: . I'd love to see pictures of this match. Will they be posted somewhere?

A pirate ship, stabbing a vampire to open a port, Stabbing a knight to Activate a target...Are you kidding me?

This will be my first match. What a way to start! Been practicing for months now, but what can possibly prepare you for Shooting from the inside of a ship. And these are only the stages that have been released!

I was very concerned about coming in dead last, but that fear was assuaged by the instructor who runs our USPSA club who told me that without a doubt at least one old woman or a very young child will place lower than me.

Can't freaking wait!!!

I broke down and finally submitted my registration...this will be my fourth match ever :wacko:

The match fee was hard to swallow (along with hotel reservation), but I'm sure it will be worth it!

I'm staying at the Green Gables in Lake Wales on Saturday night, and I'm squadded on #11 for all day Sunday. Anyone ever stay at the Green Gables before?? At least I will be well armed :ph34r:

You'll be fine. The place is alright, just really "well used". It's worked for me on a few occasions. My issue was some sketchiness with the location of my room the last time I stayed there for a local match. I was the only person staying there and they put me on the back side of a separate building on the corner of the property, all by myself. Sometime around midnight I heard a car stereo so I looked out the curtains and there was a car parked right beside mine, two people in it, lights off. They sat there for about ten minutes and then drove off. Nothing happened, but it was a little unnerving.

Eh, screw it, I changed to the Holiday Inn Express in Davenport. At least I will earn some more PC points and get something for breakfast in the morning...

Hotel Information

ORLANDO SOUTH-DAVENPORT

4050 HOTEL DRIVE,

DAVENPORT, FLORIDA

UNITED STATES 33897

Hotel Front Desk: 1-863-420-6611

I am recovering from the stage building party this weekend with a couple of observations. This match is going to be awesome in the truest sense of the word: the stages are absolutely gonna’ rock your world, but here are some suggestions/questions:

1) How far can you run and still shoot straight? You better plan to move some distance and still shoot some distance.

2) You also should not be scared of Prop Activators that include pounding stakes in vampire hearts, lifting coffin lids, flipping electrocuting switches, or blasting zombies with a shotgun (remember that these activators are just part of the stages- you still have to try to shoot fast, accurate, etc)

3) The graveyard/all steel stage is a little different this year: you folks with solid black front sights may get a surprise.

4) The costume contest seems like it is going to push this match off the map: I say do it, wear a costume. The stages are going to be amazing; why shouldn’t you?

Question - Since this match is going to have an extraordinary amount of rounds per stage, will the Production guys get to load extra rounds per mag? I only have six mags, and this is sounding like I will need 8 or 10 for some of these stages if we are still limited to 10 per mag :blush: