Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Scabbard for Eberlestock

I am thinking of getting a Eberlestock Gunslinger II but was wondering which shotgun scabbard to buy for it. I have a 22" Benelli M2. Does their standard scabbard work well or do I use the larger one? Any comments about this setup?

Long one will hold shotgun better which is actually a scoped rifle scabbard. Pistol grip stocks wont fit in it but will hold more of the shotgun in the case in my opinion. Best thing to do is to call them and talk to them on what you have and what you want to do with the pack and scabbard.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't know they made a long one. The one I have must be set up for an 18" barrel. Anyone have a link to the longer scabbard and/or pics of their rig?

• 6 months later...

I am thinking of getting a Eberlestock Gunslinger II but was wondering which shotgun scabbard to buy for it. I have a 22" Benelli M2. Does their standard scabbard work well or do I use the larger one? Any comments about this setup?

Did you buy the larger one (A2SS)? If so, how does it fit your shotgun?

There is another thread in this forum where a couple posters used the shorter scabbard and put both the rifle and then the shotgun with the shorter scabbard on it in the main rifle compartment, would this work as well/better?

I'm looking at the Gunslinger II and trying to figure out if any, or what attachments/accessories are needed to carry both an 18" Scoped AR and a 24" Benelli M2.

Thank you,

Steve

Edited by SteveT-NV

I also went with the "scoped rifle scabbard" I am happy I did.

Does anybody have pictures of how they attached it to their pack?

I have a Phantom btw.

To answer my own question above, as well as add some photos of my "rig":

The rifle scabbard is a pretty tight fit for an AR with a scope. I've attached a photo showing an 18" rifle about 3/4 the way into the scabbard to demonstrate this. So I purchased the scoped rifle scabbard (A2SS). It holds a 24 in Benelli very well. Feels secure and doesn't feel like it leans off to the side while walking around.

This pack is a Gunslinger 2, pretty close in size to the Phantom, based on the measurements on the Eberlestock website.

Steve

I can also highly recommend Santana Outdoors if you wish to purchase a pack. Free Shipping!

post-32869-0-05880400-1329767827_thumb.j

post-32869-0-38002600-1329767841_thumb.j

post-32869-0-69875000-1329767885_thumb.j

I have a Phantom btw.

The rifle scabbard is a pretty tight fit for an AR with a scope. I've attached a photo showing an 18" rifle about 3/4 the way into the scabbard to demonstrate this. So I purchased the scoped rifle scabbard (A2SS). It holds a 24 in Benelli very well. Feels secure and doesn't feel like it leans off to the side while walking around.

This pack is a Gunslinger 2, pretty close in size to the Phantom, based on the measurements on the Eberlestock website.

Steve

I can also highly recommend Santana Outdoors if you wish to purchase a pack. Free Shipping!

+1 on Santana Outdoors. I ordered an Eberlestock Lo Drag from them. They have awesome customer service. Not only do you get free shipping you get free gift when you order a pack.

I have a Phantom btw.

Steve

+1 on Santana Outdoors. I ordered an Eberlestock Lo Drag from them. They have awesome customer service. Not only do you get free shipping you get free gift when you order a pack.

Delta Outdoorsman for any Eberlestock packs. Ceylon is the nicest guy you can find. I got the small shotgun scabbard and it does not cover enough of the 21 inch benelli to make me comfy. I kept using the Condor scabbard that I had before. I'm just using a FAC track pack to carry all my gear and slinging the rifle. I didn't like the weight of the Gs2 with everything in it, including the rifle.

• 2 years later...

Same answer - the A2SS, scoped rifle scabbard.

I don't use the Eberlestock pack for most matches now, but I still keep my JM Pro in the scabbard...oneof these days wouldn't mind finding a decent single 'sling'/strap for it, though.