Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new tanfo mags oversize?

just recieved 2 new mags for my 9mm limited and they are grossly oversize. my factory mag mic's 1.340 x .840 and the new ones go 1.372 x .843. the mags start to bind half way into the gun and when fully seated need to be pushed out thru the ejection port. in other words, un- useable. have tried calling the vendor but am waiting for a reply and e- mailed just a few minutes ago. i believe these are the new meg-gar mags w/ the notch in the side for the slide stop and black follower and vendors alum base pad. anyone else have a similar problem? most cordially, vic

If you put an extended base pad on the magazine to add more rounds to it than it would normally hold then yes the sides will bulge out and jam up in the gun. The new Mec-Gar magazines have this issue because of the side ribs in the magazine. I experienced the exact same issue when I tried to use the new 10mm magazines and load them up with more than 16 rounds. Stock capacity seems to work fine though.

Edited by CHA-LEE

I had that problem with some of the original magazines, the problem for me was that the grips were slightly oversized and protruding into the mag area of the grip. Take the grip panels off and see if this solves the problem. If it does then just sand the inside of the grip panels so the mag does not contact it.

I had that problem with some of the original magazines, the problem for me was that the grips were slightly oversized and protruding into the mag area of the grip. Take the grip panels off and see if this solves the problem. If it does then just sand the inside of the grip panels so the mag does not contact it.

mags are binding empty. base pads do not increase capacity. width of mag is o.k. these are the ones w/ witness holes.