Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

grip safeties

gmg

I have a Kimber Custom II and i thought about upgrading the grip safety to a better one. Is this something that would be a plus and an unnecessary expense. Mine does not have the pronounced raised pad at the bottom and maybe a aftermarket one might force my had up higher on the gun. Thanks in advance

I wouldn't bother switching out a grip safety unless it bothers you or you have a hard time keeping it depressed. I have always kept mine functional and occasionally shoot CDP. If you can't deal with the grip safety I would just pin it like others have suggested.

The OP didnt say anything about not working the grip safety he's looking for a higher hold, Looking at pics on Kimber's websight it looks like you already have the high hold grip safety. So not much to be gained there, If it isnt deactivating all the time it cane be tuned internally while still maintaining enough function to pass a safety check.

It sounds like it may be an unnecessary expense. Now that it is mentioned, I shoot with a couple of guys whose tangs fell off too. Must be a weak point :devil: I shoot SS mainly wtih it so i'll try the shok buff if i can figure out where to put it.