Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thug Dogs and their Thuggish Owners

Modoc

I hate thug dogs and their thuggish owners. What is worse are victims that will not report an assault (dog or otherwise) so we can have the problems removed. When the local animal rescue lady can't get along with an animal, it is BAD.

I can't even call in tonight's incident because it is Hear-say.

Edit for spelling

Edited by Modoc

Dogs, much like people, are a product of their environment. By nature, dogs are friendly. However, we had a heck of a time rehabbing some of the rescued Bull Terriers that my wife and I fostered. I would get pissed at the dogs, but I would get more pissed at their owners. Best of luck.

Dogs, much like people, are a product of their environment. By nature, dogs are friendly. However, we had a heck of a time rehabbing some of the rescued Bull Terriers that my wife and I fostered. I would get pissed at the dogs, but I would get more pissed at their owners. Best of luck.

Exactly...It's not the dogs fault...They must be socialized correctly....And the owners are the ones who are supposed to do that....

+1 it would be no diffrent then hating the gun not the thug killer

Well, this thread is going nowhere quick, but I hear you. I have a similar situation next door except they are good people with a bad dog. Fortunately the authorities here are very understanding when it comes to protecting oneself.

How is the dog bad? I would say that a very minimal of dogs are just bad. They can be trained and can learn just about anything. The neighbors may seem ok but people never know what happens when your not around. Most of dogs that seem aggressive are just excited and they need to be properly exercised. Exercise fixes a LOT of a dogs issues.

Exactly...It's not the dogs fault...They must be socialized correctly....And the owners are the ones who are supposed to do that....

In the case of that type of logic, you can't blame the owners either. They most likely were not socialized correctly by their parents, caregivers etc... I get it that people as opposed to dogs or any other animal for that reason have the capability to understand the difference between right and wrong, but come on seriously? Take my mother for example, absolutely loves Rottweilers, does everything a person can do for her dogs. Obedience school, special food, medical whatever it takes. She had one that was just a nasty bitch no matter what, there was nothing that could be done for that dog and I mean nothing. We had to keep kids and other animals away or it was chow time. Finally she just had to put her down. Some dogs you can take out of the junk yard, you just can't take the junk yard out of them.

Edited by IdahoMike