Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GK Custom rattling loose

vscorsa

Hi All,

I have a GK custom which I have only put around 1500 rounds through it and have enjoyed it as my stock class gun.

My only issue is that some parts seems to rattle loose every 100 rounds or so, primarily the grip screws, the mag well screw and worst one is the rear site screw unwinds itself.

The grips are a pain but I can live with that, the rear site is a nightmare because as you go through the day shooting the shots slowly climb on the target. I have tried using good quality tape across the top of the screw which sort of works.

Has anyone experience this or have any suggestions?

Cheers

I have had the same problem with my Limited Pro with the rear elevation sight screw, same thing, as it comes loose during the match the shots tend to rise. I was loosing my mind trying to figure out what was going on. I just replaced my sights with Trijicon night sights. I will shoot it for the first time on Saturday. I tried both blue and red loc-tite and neither worked on the elevation screw, actually seemed to make it worse. Kind of gummed up the detent. The blue did work for my aluminum grips panels and my mag-well screws. Maybe take the rear sight apart and file, sharpen, or rough up the detents on the ball to make it grab better, they seem to be a little smooth.

Edited by gerritm

Gerritm> Where did you find Trijicon Night sights for your EAA pistol? I checked the Trijicon website and they don't list EAA or Tanfo as a supported handgun.

As I recall, he talked to Trijicon and they pointed him to a smith who could mill his slide and install the sights...

Gerritm> Where did you find Trijicon Night sights for your EAA pistol? I checked the Trijicon website and they don't list EAA or Tanfo as a supported handgun.
As I recall, he talked to Trijicon and they pointed him to a smith who could mill his slide and install the sights...

I did speak to Tijicon and this is their reccommended gunsmith. I just got the slide back and will shoot it Saturday on my Limited Pro 9mm. They did a great job.There was no milling of the slide. It looks like they just modified there dovetail to fit. It took about 3 weeks to get back. Cost was $300. Tooltech Gunsite.

tooltech

http://tooltechgunsight.com/

post-23808-0-21349300-1307625559_thumb.j

Edited by gerritm

I did speak to Trijicon and this is their reccommended gunsmith. I just got the slide back and will shoot it Saturday on my Limited Pro 9mm. They did a great job.There was no milling of the slide. It looks like they just modified there dovetail to fit. It took about 3 weeks to get back. Cost was $300. Tooltech Gunsite.

tooltech

Shot it Saturday in our local 3-gun match. We had 1 fairly tough stage where you transition to pistol from rifle and shoot paper and steel poppers. There were approx. 5 paper and 3 steel poppers with one of the poppers being a split/double type. All the paper had to be double tap head shots with no shoots hiding most of the target. Shot the pistol portion of the stage clean and fairly fast for a one eyed fat guy. Very happy with the new sights. I shot the other pistol/rifle/shotgun stage clean also. This was my best finish since I started shooting about a year ago. Took 6th place over all.

I did speak to Tijicon and this is their reccommended gunsmith. I just got the slide back and will shoot it Saturday on my Limited Pro 9mm. They did a great job.There was no milling of the slide. It looks like they just modified there dovetail to fit. It took about 3 weeks to get back. Cost was $300. Tooltech Gunsite.

tooltech

I cant' see from the picture what sight you had put on there. Is it an adjustable? Can you paste a link to which sight it was?

Also was $300 for the sight AND the install or just the install?

tooltech

I cant' see from the picture what sight you had put on there. Is it an adjustable? Can you paste a link to which sight it was?

Also was $300 for the sight AND the install or just the install?

It is fully adjustable for windage and elevation. The cost includes install, front and rear sights, and shipping. It is a standard Trijicon 3-dot with the rings around the solid dots. I will try to find a picture in their catalog.