Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75/85 family

RogerT

...but needless to say CZ are trying to get me the gun to the US before the NAtionals :-)

Angus,

You might not want to get into too big of a rush. Unless there have been 2,000 of those new guns produced (?), they won't be USPSA Production legal.

* 2000 made one year production

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the NEW SP01 TActical at the match.

The SP01 definitly has some advantages, overall heavier weight, heavier barrel, better sights, it definitly easier to shoot the doubles, but the weight does make the transitions a little slower but not significantly. I have not had the time to make comparisons but needless to say CZ are trying to get me the gun to the US before the NAtionals :-)

Angus..

any idea when these will begin coming into the US?? Sounds great...

You might not want to get into too big of a rush.  Unless there have been 2,000 of those new guns produced (?), they won't be USPSA Production legal.

How would you know whether or not 2,000 have been produced?

I don't know. That is why there is a question mark. ;) It seems (from the non-ported hybrid barreled SV's) that it is up to the shooter of the manufacturer to establish that the gun meets the requirements of the division. (?)

Also, I am unclear on the current USPSA wording. It talks about "one year". Do anybody know if that means they have to produce 2000 a year? Or, do they have to have been in production for 1 year before they are eligible?

For Limited and Limited 10..the rulebook specifies one year and 500 produced to the general public..

for production..USPSA went to an approved list..which doesn't specify a number or time period of production..

the CZ75 SP01 and SP01 tactical are already on the list..so they would be approved for USPSA playground

CZ 75 (all SA/DA and DAO models), CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, CZ 75 SP-01, 85 (all models), 97-B, 99, 100, 101, 110, P-01

2000 1 year, how does that aply to the custom guns that S&W produce, or does it work along the line that they produced enough of the plain jane production models so they are allowed to use the Performance centre guns long the same vein?

I know that CZ have already produced the CZ SP01 for a governemnt contract the first ones shipped some month or so back, they are in the process of making the next production run and say they should have them done soon, not sure what soon means? Maybe November.

If you read the list, then basically the SP01 was already included, before it was specified.

The list said ANY CZ 75B and the nomanclature for the SP01 is

CZ 75B SP01

If you read the list, then basically the SP01 was already included, before it was specified.  The list said ANY CZ 75B and the nomanclature for the SP01 is CZ 75B SP01

FYI, I can tell you that the CZ factory contacted me directly to seek specific approval of their new guns for IPSC Production Division, and they also sent me the technical data and photos to support their request. After due consideration, the IPSC Production Division Committee unanimously approved the new guns, and they are specifically listed as CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical and CZ 75 SP-01.

After due consideration, the IPSC Production Division Committee unanimously approved the new guns, and they are specifically listed as CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical and CZ 75 SP-01.

That is the same way they are listed on the USPSA approved production list..

they are specified..CZ75 and the CZ75 SP01 tactical and the CZ75SP01..

so it is pretty specific...

BTW...I'm not tyring to be a range lawyer on this...just don't want to see you get bumped to Open for no good reason.

Although it would be funny to see the look on R.O.'s faces when they approach you at the end of a run to move you to open for firing more than 11 rounds without a reload, only to find out you already landed there.....

Kyle,

IIRC from my RO class, in order to be eligible, under the quantity produced and time available rules, the manufacturer needs to have produced the number of units specified (2000 in case of Production Division) and they need to have been available for sale to the general public for a period of one year.

Wholy CRAP! THAT is one fine CZ!!!! I thought I had found the ultimate CZ in the new .40 cal CZ-85 Compact (P-01 frame except in steel and w/ ambi thumb safety; no de-cocker) but the SP-01 you pictured EERW, well, that tops it! As much as I love my old 9mm 85 Combat for USPSA, I'll have to give this new CZ a long hard look. With a 16 lb hammer spring, the SP-01 would appear ready to rock.