Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR magazine position in the holder

I got a silly question about the magazine having in an upright position in the mag holder. Is this legal in any USPSA or IDPA Multi-gun rules? And is this ideal for fast reloading since you'll just have to pull up the mag (if the holder is in an angle, let's say 45 degree forward) straight to the mag well of your AR? :huh:

I got a silly question about the magazine having in an upright position in the mag holder. Is this legal in any USPSA or IDPA Multi-gun rules? And is this ideal for fast reloading since you'll just have to pull up the mag (if the holder is in an angle, let's say 45 degree forward) straight to the mag well of your AR? :huh:

Legal as far as I know in USPSA and all Outlaw matches.

It is a method that one of the two Miller brothers uses to good effect.

Patrick

Nothing inherently wrong with this approach if it works for you. A lot depends on the mag holders you prefer, the size of the mag and your hands. My only concern would be the risk of damaging and/or fouling the exposed magazine lips/ammo when shooting prone - the dirt around here has a knack of finding its way into EVERY orifice :roflol: .

Legal as far as I know in USPSA and all Outlaw matches.

It is a method that one of the two Miller brothers uses to good effect.

Patrick

Except it practically invites people to try to knock cartridges out of your magazine when you are not looking. Not than I would ever do that to Eric.

As noted early, the problem could be with crap getting into the mag and possibly bending the lips. Down here in Texas, the wind really gets going and even with having my spare mag facing down, I have to really clean it out after every match. With lips up, I could see getting so much crap in there having issues even during the match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...