Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transition

When moving do you look at coming targets and then bring the gun to sight aligment or do you maintain site alignmentduring transition as much as possible ? I always tend to look ahead and then bring the gun however I overheard some shooters talking and they said that they maintain sight alignment as much as possible in transition. They were saying that by doing this it is much faster. I am confused !

If the movement is short I keep both hands on the gun and the gun stays up by my face (facebox). I look for the target and once my eyes have it, I start pushing the gun about 2 steps out and looking for the sights.

If distance is long I break my grip and pump my WH arm just like you do running. Several steps out you start to slow down and rebuild your grip (gun up in facebox) and find the target and sights.

Stationary transitions you should be snapping your eyes to the next target and the gun follows.

You don't look at the sights in the middle of a transition. Get yours eyes to where you want the bullet to go as fast as you can. The gun will go where you are looking. Ideally it will fire as soon as you see the sight picture you need.

Work on knowing how much alignment you need for a particular shot. Work on getting and maintaining your grip. Groove your index.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if they were not speaking of multiple targets being engaged with out changing positions, such as an El Presidente. In that case I can see keeping your sight picture and moving the gun to the target. I do not see how you could maintain a sight picture while moving to another engagement