Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much for my STI Edge?

chp5

I bought an Edge from Dawson about a year ago. Dawson did a reliability job and trigger job. It’s hard chromed and has a Brazos Lightening Rod front sight, Ice Mag well, tungsten guide rod, STI Recoil Master and some other miscellaneous parts.

The Edge has about 3-4K rounds through it with 100% reliability – even my short Glock .40 loads.

I’ve decided that it’s just too heavy for me and I want to go with something lighter. I can’t easily take off metal because it’s hard chromed, so I think I’ll sell it and start over.

What’s a fair price for my Edge (I’m keeping the mags)?

Thanks.

I always wondered if you could cut off the objectionable chromed parts, then blue the exposed metal.. it would make for an interesting two-tone effect. On the other hand, I've got a chromed gun we had to set the comp back on, and so cut the slide back a bit and it's had bare steel on the front of the slide for a couple years now with no ill effects.

Cy,

I am not doing any repair work right now, I am just too far behind. I think Ross Carter quoted someone a price to do that work a while ago. You might search for that thread. I would think cut frame and re-chrome bottom would run $200 or less. Also as Shred said you might just be able to cut it off and clean it up and not re-chrome. Just have to be careful and keep it oiled.

I'm in Kaliban and while the Edge is not available to us (because STI is refusing to sell it here for now) I doubt you'd get $3k for one. Even $2k is a little optomistic. I recently bought an almost identical STI short dust cover for $1500.

Also, the only way to get one is to get it through a private party who has one already in Kali.

Of course, there may be some desparate people that are willing to pay $2-3k for one, but they're not going to be that easy to find.