Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clay vs. 650

Hello guys,

I am thinking of switching powder fro N320 to Clay for 230 gr FMJ from Delta Precision. From this forum, I saw some complain regarding metering with dillon. My question is that how well Clay meter with the X650? Because I remember when I tried to load Varget for .223, it metered horrible. If it is that bad, then I will stick with N320, but if it's nothing like that, then I will switch over to clay.

Thank you so much in advance,

Blank

Hello guys,

I am thinking of switching powder fro N320 to Clay for 230 gr FMJ from Delta Precision. From this forum, I saw some complain regarding metering with dillon. My question is that how well Clay meter with the X650? Because I remember when I tried to load Varget for .223, it metered horrible. If it is that bad, then I will stick with N320, but if it's nothing like that, then I will switch over to clay.

Thank you so much in advance,

Blank

I regularly use Hodgdon Clays and Universal Clays in my 650. No problem with consistency or powder leakage.

A "zillion" rounds??? Wow, I have yet to load my first round. I have the XL650 from you all set up. Getting ready to do some loading in 9mm minor -- using Clays. I certainly hope it meters well.

I'll finish up by saying I loaded a zillion rounds of 40 with Clays on a 1050, and it metered perfectly.

be

A "zillion" rounds??? Wow, I have yet to load my first round. I have the XL650 from you all set up. Getting ready to do some loading in 9mm minor -- using Clays. I certainly hope it meters well.

I'll finish up by saying I loaded a zillion rounds of 40 with Clays on a 1050, and it metered perfectly.

be

Okay, I like to exaggerate, for fun. A realisitic estimate would be somewhere around a half a million rounds of 40. The Clays will work fine in your new 650.

be