Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally! - First match

BhmJeep

1. Finished the course
  2. No 180 violations (close a couple of times)
  3. No DQ
  4. Hit most of the targets (even a Texas star)
  5. AND HAD A FREAKING BLAST

Shot at Brocks Gap in Birmingham AL, super nice folks, shooters taking their time to give me pointers, how to be more effecient, and tons of encouragement.

Thanks to everyone that help me (and everyone else as well) out. This is not the last you will see of me. :cheers:

Mike

1. Finished the course
  3. No DQ

Why'd you wait so long to shoot your first match. Those were matches you could have been shooting (instead of thinking about).

Glad you had a blast. Welcome aboard.

As a Match Director and Section Coordinator my question is what kept you from shooting a match sooner?

I ask this because I believe that there are alot of gun owners out there that we are not reaching. They are seeing "Top Shot" "3Gun Nation", "Wednesday at the Range", and youtube video's but are not ready to jump in

Why?

What do we need to do as Match Directors, Clubs, Section Coordinators to get the want to be shooter to come out and try?

Open Houses?

Classes for Comp Shooting?

New Shooter Orientations?

Where are we missing our marketing opportunity? Local Gun Stores, Gun Shows, Open Houses at Clubs?

Looking for feedback from the want to go and shoot and haven't, the recent sideline observer, new gun owners

Thanks

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

1. Finished the course
  3. No DQ

Shot at Brocks Gap in Birmingham AL, super nice folks, shooters taking their time to give me pointers, how to be more effecient, and tons of encouragement.

Thanks to everyone that help me (and everyone else as well) out. This is not the last you will see of me. :cheers:

Mike

Cool!

(I think we were on the same squad.)

As a Match Director and Section Coordinator my question is what kept you from shooting a match sooner?

I ask this because I believe that there are alot of gun owners out there that we are not reaching. They are seeing "Top Shot" "3Gun Nation", "Wednesday at the Range", and youtube video's but are not ready to jump in

Why?

What do we need to do as Match Directors, Clubs, Section Coordinators to get the want to be shooter to come out and try?

Open Houses?

Classes for Comp Shooting?

Free new Shooter Orientations?

Where are we missing our marketing opportunity? Local Gun Stores, Gun Shows, Open Houses at Clubs?

Looking for feedback from the want to go and shoot and haven't, the recent sideline observer, new gun owners

Thanks

Excellent questions. This deserves its own thread - it could also be part of a survey for new shooters.

Nice going Mike

shot my first competition January of 1990 , I was not last place in the event as two shooters left the match with out shooting all the stages.

I went home and told my wife "Some of the shooters at the event had guns that Cost One! Thousand Dollars! :blink:

I didn't know much

Nice going Mike

shot my first competition January of 1990 , I was not last place in the event as two shooters left the match with out shooting all the stages.

I went home and told my wife "Some of the shooters at the event had guns that Cost One! Thousand Dollars! :blink:

I didn't know much

I still tell my wife, uh.....about a thousand, not much more than that.....

1. Finished the course
  3. No DQ

Mike

glad you made it to a match

now the disease begins

Nice going Mike

I didn't know much

Wait til I see your wife :surprise:

Nice going Mike

I didn't know much

Wait til I see your wife :surprise:

you have seen my AD video right?