Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Benelli M2 Carrier latch

SMSI

The carrier latch on my nearly new Benelli M2 broke. No, I was not trying to tweak it to allow easier loading - although I have thought about doing that. However, I never took it apart.

The piece that protrudes from the reciever - the part you push to release the carrier and the part you drill and tap to add a bigger button - broke off at the point inside the receiver where it joins the latch.

Is this a common problem? Mine was drilled and tapped to add a Nordic Components extended button. It seems almost certain this contributed to the issue since the button extended from the receiver and put at least some sideways leverage on the piece. However, it may be the extension was not welded/glued very well in the first place.

Main question is where can I get a replacement part? Brownells carries them, but is out and apparently has been out for some time. Who else carries Benelli small parts? Is anybody hoarding these parts that will let one go for a shooter in need?

Numrich gun parts. It's listed as the release for the m1, but it's the same part. Or you could just rob the one from your other m2. Good luck!

Thanks Perry! Found it. I am def not canniblizing my other shotgun. Then I would have 2 that don't work.

The carrier latch on my nearly new Benelli M2 broke. No, I was not trying to tweak it to allow easier loading - although I have thought about doing that. However, I never took it apart.

The piece that protrudes from the reciever - the part you push to release the carrier and the part you drill and tap to add a bigger button - broke off at the point inside the receiver where it joins the latch.

Is this a common problem? Mine was drilled and tapped to add a Nordic Components extended button. It seems almost certain this contributed to the issue since the button extended from the receiver and put at least some sideways leverage on the piece. However, it may be the extension was not welded/glued very well in the first place.

Main question is where can I get a replacement part? Brownells carries them, but is out and apparently has been out for some time. Who else carries Benelli small parts? Is anybody hoarding these parts that will let one go for a shooter in need?

This should be moved to the humor forum everybody knows that Benelli's do not break. :devil::sight::roflol:

It is common enough with the Nordic button because they use a larger screw than say, Arredondo's 4-40.

If you don't like the way the Arredondo sticks out (itself presenting a danger to catching on something and breaking the bolt release button), cut it down. Several 3-gunners I know chopped around 1cm off the front.