Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger 22/45

Singlestack

After looking at your's I just went and turned my scope mount around... :blush:

I do not know what that cost you but I have got to say that gun rocks. :cheers: but then I like custom.

I do not know what that cost you but I have got to say that gun rocks. :cheers: but then I like custom.

It cost me $45 plus shipping there. The GS paid for the return. Shipping was cheap too... regular mail. :)

It really fills my hand now. I always thought 22/45's were too thin.

After looking at your's I just went and turned my scope mount around... :blush:

ROFLMAO

Is their any way you can take the grips off and show us the other side of them, I am curious as to the milling job. by the way nice look!!

Looks similar but no milling required

That must be one of the newer model MKIII's. DR? PR? Something like that, right?

Just a regular MKIII 22/45, I just drilled a couple of holes to mount the grips.

Looks similar but no milling required

That must be one of the newer model MKIII's. DR? PR? Something like that, right?

Just a regular MKIII 22/45, I just drilled a couple of holes to mount the grips.

The lower must be a lot different on a MKIII than a MKII. THe MKII's lower needs to have the factory grips milled off. I have never inspected a MKIII.

I'm gonna pull a grip off and take a pic to show you what I am talking about.

• 4 weeks later...

TEricksen,

Nice job on the safety. :cheers:

How did you do it?

Thanks. I welded the pad from a 1911 safety onto the 22/45 safety and spent a few hours filing and fitting. I also used a 40lpi checkering file on the top and bottom to recut the lines.

Also, the extended mag release is not tapped and threaded. I cut the screw off, filed the head of the mag release flat, and silver soldered the button to the mag release and silver soldered the screw head into the button. I then chucked the whole thing up in a drill and machined it smaller with a file for a better fit to the gun.

Edited by TEricksen

I have just started working on mine. I got the replaceable grip version and replaced the grips. I also had problems with seating the mags so I was able to find a guy making extended base pads for the mags and got some of those which makes the mages easy to fully seat.

Still need to remove the mag safety and replace the trigger and then I am also thinking of putting a Tac Solutions upper on it to make it lighter.

Neal in AZ

post-922-052497100 1307286940_thumb.jpg