Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What if this happens....

GrumpyOne

The point of the scenario as shown above, is not that it is out of line with this thread, it is the point that there are exceptions....

No, there isn't. You may have contrived one very small exception that is very weak but IMO, your LEO had better find a RO between his car and his first stage.

And if he doesn't? He doesn't shoot that match cause he can't find an RO cause they are all running shooters at that time instead of running the risk of DQ?

Then he better unload it before he goes through the gate.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything pops out at MR, you are done.

Careful here. Hypothetically speaking, the popped round could have come from an inserted magazine and not from the chamber.

Careful?

How in the heck did a inserted mag get in the scenario? We are talking about pulling the gun out of the holster, racking the slide and something pops out. Not after a mag has been inserted and the slide racked.

And, how does a round pop out of the ejection port without going in the chamber first? Does your blaster pop rounds straight from the mag out of the ejection port while you are making ready?

Many people don't rack the slide before inserting the mag, and after inserting the mag, I have heard of many stories of rounds even flipping around and getting loaded into the chamber backwards. If that can happen, obviously one can also fly out...

This has gotten silly.

Believe what you want.

I'm done here.

And, how does a round pop out of the ejection port without going in the chamber first? Does your blaster pop rounds straight from the mag out of the ejection port while you are making ready?

It IS possible...bad lips on the mag. A lot of people will not chamber check their gun before inserting a mag. They just draw the gun,insert the mag and rack a round. That top round may very well pop out as it clears the slide. I also agree with being careful to automatically DQing somebody when ANYTHING pops out. The rules do allow for broken pieces or foreign matter (a pebble for example) to fly out of the gun without a DQ.

Why would the previous RO not have utilized a "squib rod" to knock the spent case out? As a Competitor is not allowed to leave a course of fire with a loaded gun.

There is a sentence in the rule permitting competitor to leave stage with a loaded gun if specifically directed by RO. I saw cases whe it was not possible to disassemble the gun, becaus round got stuck in the chamber. They had to case it and sent to gunsmith.

Maybe the IPSC rulebook. The USPSA rulebook is very clear on the matter.

5.7.5 Under no circumstances is a competitor permitted to leave a course of fire in the possession of a loaded handgun (see Rule 10.5.13).