Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory ammo making major from glock 35

D roc

I'm sure this has been asked before, but am I wrong in thinking that factory 40 s&w out of a glock 35 will make major? I just bought my first glock and until the guy who normally reloads my .45 gets around to loading 40s, I was going to use factory ammo. I'm new to USPSA and im just trying to find some rounds to get started with.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but am I wrong in thinking that factory 40 s&w out of a glock 35 will make major? I just bought my first glock and until the guy who normally reloads my .45 gets around to loading 40s, I was going to use factory ammo. I'm new to USPSA and im just trying to find some rounds to get started with.

Factory ammo should easily make major. I shot WWB in my 35 and got a PF of 180+. My reloads are considerably softer since I shoot for a PF of 170.

Factory ammo should easily make major. I shot WWB in my 35 and got a PF of 180+. My reloads are considerably softer since I shoot for a PF of 170.

I chrono'd Federal Champion 180 grain plated bullets (cheap walmart stuff) last month at exactly 180 PF. Winchester White Box was slightly faster at around 1025FPS (184PF).

I'm shooting Production right now so mine are MUUUCH softer -- 833 FPS so around 150PF.

But yeah, you should be fine with factory and definitely with Federal/Winchester walmart ammo.

edit: and this was all out of a Gen3 35.

Edited by schmoli

WWB out of a stock Gen3 G35: Both 180 and 165 make major

WWB out of a stock Gen2 G22: 180 makes major, 165 not quite.

The 165's are noticeably softer than the 180's.

Thanks for all of the responses. I have stocked up on wwb. Uhave also ordered everything to go ahead and reload for 40. I realized that I had just spent 130 on factory ammo and i could have bought a new lee pro 1000 set up for 40. I rather not have to change die plates from .45 to .40 bc my dad shoots just as much 45s as I will 40.