Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock .40 mags in Limited

FlatFender

Dawson, base pad and spring. I can get 20 reloadable in all mine. If your followe is a 6 follower it will usually work from the get go. If it is not, you probibally need to tune the follower with a bevel which takes like 5 min

I like the dawsons over the arredondo since it is a tooless remove. There have been posts on here before about the arredondo not fitting the gauge. Tried all 3 big names and for me would rank them dawson first, Arredondo second(tool needed to remove and pushing the gauge more), and taylor last(needs allen wrench to remove back plate to get the extention off.

ANother vote for the DP's. With Glocks, they come with longer springs to put in. They're easier to take on and off then regular Glock floorplates, especially trying to get around that little bump Glocks have in the middle of the rail the floorplate slides on.

They're also one piece, and dropping them I have no fears they'll be intact when I pick 'em back up.

I'm fairly new to mag extensions being a mostly production kind of guy but I went with the Dawsons and they hold 20 no problem. I have the #8 followers with the ambi cut mag bodies (no gen 4 cut). I just had to lightly bevel the bottom of the follower to get them to load past 17 or so reliably.

I'm fairly new to mag extensions being a mostly production kind of guy but I went with the Dawsons and they hold 20 no problem. I have the #8 followers with the ambi cut mag bodies (no gen 4 cut). I just had to lightly bevel the bottom of the follower to get them to load past 17 or so reliably.

Yep, I had to bevel the follower a bit too per the DP website instructional video. Was easy and I can get 20 in there nicely.

Also note that the DP base pads work perfectly with the DP ICE magwell. I had trouble seating Arredondo base pads in the ICE magwell.

I've got the Dawson's too, and I like them, but I can't figure out how everyone is getting 20 rnds in them reliably. I can physically FIT 20 in the mag, but I really have to smack them hard to seat them, and loading from a mag with 20 rnds, forget it. I can't even rack the slide with 20 in the mag. Maybe I need to leave them loaded a while so the springs take a set, but for now, I can't get more than 19 rnds to run reliabaly.

I've got the Dawson's too, and I like them, but I can't figure out how everyone is getting 20 rnds in them reliably. I can physically FIT 20 in the mag, but I really have to smack them hard to seat them, and loading from a mag with 20 rnds, forget it. I can't even rack the slide with 20 in the mag. Maybe I need to leave them loaded a while so the springs take a set, but for now, I can't get more than 19 rnds to run reliabaly.

I can fit 20 in all my mags with the Dawson pad, but only one is "easy" to rack the slide with.

I modified the follower in an attempt to get one more round. It didn't work, but it gave a little more give for the stack to compress.

All three function when loaded to 20 and in the gun (20+1)

Yep, I had to bevel the follower a bit too per the DP website instructional video. Was easy and I can get 20 in there nicely.

Also note that the DP base pads work perfectly with the DP ICE magwell. I had trouble seating Arredondo base pads in the ICE magwell.

I use the Arredondos with the heavy Dawson ICE magwell and have never had a problem.

I love my Arredondo extensions. I get 20 in all 4 of mine(although the slide isn't easy to rack), and they're ridiculously easy to take apart. I can't imagine a more simple system. Yes, you do need the tool they send you, but it takes less than a second to brake one down completely. Also, using the tool has never borrowed me since I'm always back by my range bag loading and cleaning the mags while I'm disassembling them anyway.

I too can get 20 in the Arredodo's, but the last one takes some doing to get it in and with all 20 in a mag I have to seat the mag in the gun hard and the slide is a lil stiff to rack. What i do to over come this is when I get the command to "make ready" I lock the slide back then put in my first mag with 20, and all mags that are on my belt only have 19 in them and they seat without any extra effort. So I always have 20rds in the pistol on a stage.

I had a school of hard knocks lesson starting out with these (Dawson) I would start with 20+1 but started downloading to 19 in my reload mag after slamming a mag into the gun only to watch it fall out. I'm still hoping to graduate from hard knocks school.

I had a school of hard knocks lesson starting out with these (Dawson) I would start with 20+1 but started downloading to 19 in my reload mag after slamming a mag into the gun only to watch it fall out. I'm still hoping to graduate from hard knocks school.

Most of the guys I shoot with are only loading 19 into their STI & SV mags anyway, so I don't think I'm at a disadvantage by not loading to 20. I know what you mean by the reload dropping though. I had that happen to be once on my frist outing with the gun, and I started loading to 19 after that.

I use the Arredondos with the heavy Dawson ICE magwell and have never had a problem.

I love my Arredondo extensions. I get 20 in all 4 of mine(although the slide isn't easy to rack), and they're ridiculously easy to take apart. I can't imagine a more simple system. Yes, you do need the tool they send you, but it takes less than a second to brake one down completely. Also, using the tool has never borrowed me since I'm always back by my range bag loading and cleaning the mags while I'm disassembling them anyway.

Yeah, I have had many tell me their Arredondo Pads worked flawlessly with their ICE magwells. Did not work for me. I even tried taking off material from the top of the pads, still couldn't get them to seat fully in the gun. After posting the problem, I had a few messages relayed that others had the same problem and DP base pads were the answer. Tried it and it worked. Nothing against Aerredondo.

I've got the Dawson's too, and I like them, but I can't figure out how everyone is getting 20 rnds in them reliably

The same is true for the Arredondos and the Taylors, they work for some people but not others. I had an email conversation with Robin Taylor about this and he said that there are so many different versions of the tubes and followers that it's pretty well impossible to predict if they will bind up or not. Plus, there are differences in different versions of pistols that effect this as well.

Chances are good that if one of these works for you the others will as well. For me, 19 is the max regardless of brand so I use the Arredondos because I often practice indoors on concrete and prefer the softer base pads.

Just buy one of each and see which one you like the best. You won't have trouble selling the other two.

Edited by Graham Smith