Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arizona State match

Steve Moneypenny

I'll be there.  I've (temporarily!) given up on knocking TGO off his CDP pedastal and will be shooting ESP.

In AZ this past weekend, we had the Az 1911 Single Stack Classic and the Spring Steel match at Rio Salado.

Kelly........don't give up.  You were so close on Sat..... a few more misses (by Rob) and you would have been a HERO!   Just kidding....... You shot real well that day, took my score card home.  Would have finished 6th....right behind Angus.  I will call you Thursday or Friday.  Steve           YOu can take him down this weedkend!

(Edited by Steve H at 2:47 pm on Mar. 20, 2002)

Steve,  I would have been a hero but Rob ended up beating me by 2 3/4 seconds.  If I hadn't had that jam while shooting prone on stage 6??????  I was happy with my match though, I did not make any major mistakes.  I took some risks on stage 1 (the movers) and stage 8 (the table) that paid off but I was too cautious on stage 7 (the barrels).  Rob picked up 2 seconds on the barrel stage.  Hey, at least I was shooting major!

I've decided that this weekend, Rob can shoot major and I'll shoot minor!

After careful consideration Kelly, I have now decided to also shoot ESP ate the State IDPA match this weekend. I am proud of you for shooting major this last week, but must try to understand why doing so (while I did not) at a match that has no major/minor in the first place makes you a martyr instead of just plain silly? Sounds to me like I was the wily old veteran and you were trying to be the super hero? I call you out, on even ground this weekend to settle the score! Honor is at stake now, or something like that.

Later,

Rob

Martyr or Silly?  Mmmmm.  I choose martyr.  (might as well go down in spectacular flames!)

Sure Rob, you may have won all sorts of fancy titles like Mr. World Champion, Mr. Limited champion, Mr. Open champion, Mr. IDPA champion, Mr. Steel Challenge, and even Mr. Bianchi but Open Rifle 2001 is all mine! Oh yeah, I remember winning the Gunsite Invitational too!

I'll let you pick: CDP or ESP? (You still have to drive me to the match though.)

Brian, are you aware of any secret weaknesses that Rob may have?  kryptonite? radiation, glocks?  

(Edited by kellyn at 8:30 pm on Mar. 21, 2002)

Kelly I think you are up to the challange..........hell, I am everytime we shoot.  Remember that stage at Area 2, where I took him down!  I won't get into the bolt gun thing from last week.  Now, just make sure you load the .40 ammo down some.

Steve

Sure,  bring up your bolt gun victory NOW!  Last week Steve and I shot in a police sniper competition.  He was shooting his bolt gun and I was shooting my DSA .308.  Steve beat me on one timed stage, of course he cheated by accurately firing one "A" while I gave everybody 2 or 3 shots.

Steve will probably ending up winning the IDPA match as Rob and I focus on picking on each other.  he took Rob down hard on the wall stage at Area 2.  Must have beat him by 2-3%.

As for odds:

Wily Veteran:  25

Young hopeful darkhorse nice guy w/ a day job:  1

The wily veteran crushed the young idealistic hopeful younger shooter who has a day job protecting the public from dangerous criminals.  I should have stayed home and drank tea.  But I was still shooting major.

The good news is that Steve did win the CDP championship!  

It was an epic battle, But the silly martyr chose to graciously have numerous catastrophic malfunctions allowing me to slide in with a poorly won title. For this I am grateful, as at my age, I am not sure if I will ever have anither chance. See you tomorrow dayjob! Dave call me, Your damn phone is busy!

Rob

That's Guinness stout.  In retrospect, I should have had a lot more.  I should also have soaked my single stack in some.

Rob, I thought my new nickname was "Tactical Reload."  I may be a silly martyr but I don't have the war cry of a crow woman! Sorry, had to get one last dig in.

(Edited by kellyn at 9:18 pm on Mar. 26, 2002)