Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying a new 9mm major with bl-c2

TRUbor9

Way too slow, you would never be able to make major with it. Chances are you may not make minor with it. I just checked the Hodgdon 'Burn Rate' chart and the powders that most are using fall between 40th and 56th on the chart while Bl-c2 is at 102 on the chart.

Brian

Way too slow, you would never be able to make major with it. Chances are you may not make minor with it. I just checked the Hodgdon 'Burn Rate' chart and the powders that most are using fall between 40th and 56th on the chart while Bl-c2 is at 102 on the chart.

Brian

Blc(2) is good powder for .223 Rem with 55gr FMHBT 27.1gr. I suggest you skip to the #1 powder Silhouette or #2 HS6.

well thanks for the feed back :D I'm using AC now and was thinking it would put out an amazing amount of gas for the comp! thanks anyway

TruBor9 - 7.0gr of Autocomp is not bad at all, it is close to Silhouette and HS6 in my guns, very slight difference in the smoothness of the flip aka easier dot tracking with Silhouette, this will vary in each gun configuration. :P On the slow side AA#7 or 3N38, and I've heard of some running N105 but have not tried it.

Edited by CocoBolo

Matt Burkett is having me try some ramshot Silhouette loads but from this gun I like the not so BIGEFFINGBANG of AC. The Silhouette loads haven't even been loaded to major yet and the blast would give you a concussion and, if shooting through a barrel, may blow the stage to pieces XD just my opinion but i'll try it again tomorrow.

thats the gun and a close-up of the comp, it's extremly light but the AET barrel gets 40fps faster than my trubor.

post-25427-030191300 1302321557_thumb.jp

post-25427-088465300 1302321567_thumb.jp

and i use 7.15 grs of AC at OAL-1.20 with a MG 124JHP and a hard crimp to hold it in there B)

That's not a mistake? Really, seated out to 1.20" OAL?

In a 9mm? And they don't fall out? I've gone to 1.18,

and that's not much bullet in the case. 1.20 seems

very long?

Matt Burkett is having me try some ramshot Silhouette loads but from this gun I like the not so BIGEFFINGBANG of AC. The Silhouette loads haven't even been loaded to major yet and the blast would give you a concussion and, if shooting through a barrel, may blow the stage to pieces XD just my opinion but i'll try it again tomorrow.

thats the gun and a close-up of the comp, it's extremly light but the AET barrel gets 40fps faster than my trubor.

These things make noise? Naw, once you have shot open guns for a while, you won't even hear the bang or feel the concusion, you are in the Zen mode, like a slow motion silent movie. Try double plugging, if you are paying attention to the noise and blast then you need to double plug, that is ear plugs, and I hate those things, makes me feel like I have a brain tumor then the muffs.

Silhouette with SPP is 7.7gr w/124/125 RN @ 1.165. That is hot weather load, in the winter below 50 drop it 1 or 2 tenths. HS6 is a lot louder! I remeber that from when I first started open. Have you heard of Loud Shot :roflol: I mean Long Shot. I started with a Gold Team V8, 8 holes of blast and noise, everything since has been tame by comparison.

Open guys tend to search for the magic, find a load that you are comfortable shooting, check the accuracy and if it works shoot the snot out of it! In my guns I can run HS6, AutoComp, or Silhouette comfortably so what ever I have I load it up and shoot it.

Edited by CocoBolo

I know they're loud HAHA but the AC through the wraith is just way more comfortable to me :) but if i can get my hands on some Silhouette or HS6 back home I'll deffinatly try it. So I'm guessing that Silhouette burns faster as it gets colder?

Well i tried Matt's Silhouette loads, 8.5 with a MG 115 on top of it... the crap brass we were using was letting primers blow out all over the place :surprise: but IF i can get my hands on some at home I'll try it it was fairly soft and not as bad today

I am loading 115 gr and 121 gr JHPs with Silhouette in my open guns and never noticed it being louder than any other powder I have used. Both guns shoot very flat and the dot tracks straight up and down never leaving the lens on the C-More.

I load 7.8 gr with 121s and 8.0 gr with 115s at 1.165 OAL, with Win SRPs.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Hello: You may want to try some rifle primers or magnum primers. I was loading Silhouette up to 9.1 grains wirth MG 115's in my shorty 9mm. In the 5" it is 179.4PF. Your lot of powder may be different than mine. Thanks, Eric

They were Winchester SR but the brass was crap we got for almost free :blush: it would have been fine in newer stuff.

and i use 7.15 grs of AC at OAL-1.20 with a MG 124JHP and a hard crimp to hold it in there B)

very long?

works just fine with hard enough crimp :)

very long?

works just fine with hard enough crimp :)

yeah I was supprised as well when you showed me that loaded round :goof:

Shot really nice though and the gun seemed flat and soft!

Ya for me the AC is flater softer and cleaner than the Silhouette loads and I've got 8 pounds of it to load up XD

I might use HS6 for steel with a 95gr bullet but I have 10000+ 124's to load first :devil:

and maybe its just that I've used the AC since I started in open...

Edited by TRUbor9

ya for me the AC is flater softer and cleaner than the Silhouette loads. and I've got 8pounds of it to load up XD

I might use HS6 for steel with a 95gr bullet but I have 10000+ 124's to load first :devil:

if you need help with those 124's...send me 1000 or so for thursday night so I'll have some ammo for the new blaster!! lmfao

I may just be walking around the range thursday beggin people for 9 major ammo with my hand out and a sign... hahahahahaa

"will pick up your brass and reset your stage for 29 rounds of open 9 major ammo" :ph34r:

:roflol:

I was just looking in my Lyman's manual and it said for a 125gr jhp 4.5grs of Bullseye, with a 1.075 OAL Does that sound right? The OAL seems short!

That would be fine for a "normal" gun like a Glock or something.

In all reality when it comes to 9mm major, there is nothing in a reloading manual that is going to be applicable at all. Most 9mm open guns are 2011 platform guns, which will accept much longer OAL ammo and will run more reliably with longer ammo as well. And as far as powder charges, you'll never see anything in a manual that even approaches 9mm major.

Understood, it just seems short. I load a 1.14 to 1.18 for my XDM open gun. Seems to work well. If I ever get back to work, I want a 2011 platform gun.

Thanks

Edited by Bansheex