Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ford F150 Lariat

RangerTrace

:roflol: Gas engine :roflol:

My thoughts exactly. V6? No thanks. People are brainwashed.

yeh no kidding I really wish we could get some light and medium duty diesels like the rest of the world can buy.

We can. I have one. I've had it for six years and it puts any gas truck to shame, will pull 15,000 lbs up a mountain in overdrive with the AC and cruise on, and it gets 20 mpg empty @ 65 and 18 mpg @ 70-75.

Edited by twodownzero

:roflol: Gas engine :roflol:

My thoughts exactly. V6? No thanks. People are brainwashed.

yeh no kidding I really wish we could get some light and medium duty diesels like the rest of the world can buy.

We can. I have one. I've had it for six years and it puts any gas truck to shame, will pull 15,000 lbs up a mountain in overdrive with the AC and cruise on, and it gets 20 mpg empty @ 65 and 18 mpg @ 70-75.

Not brainwashed at all, I just don't need a diesel truck anymore. So, I see no reason to pay more for fuel (per gallon) oil changes and just about everything else. I'm selling my Nautique 220 which was my only justification for owning the Duramax. It was a great truck, never had a single issue with it, but this one, on the surface anyway is a much nicer ride. I left the dealership with the same payment I had and a 10K check in my pocket. 0% interest is great.

Heck, if I didn't feel the need for a truck bed, I would have traded for a new BMW 335d. They're getting 30+ on the highway and they're one of the fastest cars on the lot, according to the salesman.

Very sharp truck, I have been looking at the fords lately. I was sure I was in line for the next new vehicle since my Toy is almost up to 200k now. I got outvoted, and my wife traded her 07 jeep for a new Kia Sorento yesterday. Maybe I can get the next new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya those ecoboosts are really catching my eye. I'm in the market for a truck but its gonna take quite a bit to pull me away from getting a duramax. I guess time will tell. Gotta love the ford interiors though, especially the King Ranch interior :surprise: It kinda puts the GM interiors to shame.

I really liked my Duramax and it was the LTZ package, but it was not nearly as nice/plush as this pick-up. I really look forward to driving it. It drives so nice that my wife is driving it a couple days a week to keep the miles down on her Z4. She never wanted to drive the Z71. :sight: We still haven't taken it on a road trip, but it's getting around 16 in town.

Edited by SV-COP

• 1 month later...

I just took delivery of my new 2011 F250 Super Duty 6.2L 4x4 on Friday and I've been studying my gas milage indicators and it is...ugh...well...I've seen better. :roflol: I'm interested to see how it will actually work out once I start driving it like normal. I do like the fact that it is huge (I have to jump to get in to it) and looks bad-ass! Well, as bad-ass as a commercial grade pick-up can look. B)

We also bought two 2011 F150 6.2L 4x4 last week. I haven't recieved the fuel card print outs for them yet... :unsure:

please keep us posted, this is probably the direction I will be going. What mileage is the 250 getting ?

+1 I am curious to see how it compares to the '06 6.0L Superduty FX4. Curently we are getting about 16-18 unladen with no mods and CA blend fuel.

I drove from Ann Arbor, MI to Winchester, KY the other day and got 11.4 MPG. I was hauling 400 pounds of gear with an ARE cap on the back and driving around 72 MPH on highways the entire way.

***UPDATE***

I have just under 10,000 miles on the F-250 and I am avergaing 15 MPG driving from KY to MI. When I am driving the hills of KY and offroad, I am around 11-13 MPG.

I just took delivery of my new 2011 F250 Super Duty 6.2L 4x4 on Friday and I've been studying my gas milage indicators and it is...ugh...well...I've seen better. :roflol: I'm interested to see how it will actually work out once I start driving it like normal. I do like the fact that it is huge (I have to jump to get in to it) and looks bad-ass! Well, as bad-ass as a commercial grade pick-up can look. B)

We also bought two 2011 F150 6.2L 4x4 last week. I haven't recieved the fuel card print outs for them yet... :unsure:

please keep us posted, this is probably the direction I will be going. What mileage is the 250 getting ?

+1 I am curious to see how it compares to the '06 6.0L Superduty FX4. Curently we are getting about 16-18 unladen with no mods and CA blend fuel.

I drove from Ann Arbor, MI to Winchester, KY the other day and got 11.4 MPG. I was hauling 400 pounds of gear with an ARE cap on the back and driving around 72 MPH on highways the entire way.

***UPDATE***

I have just under 10,000 miles on the F-250 and I am avergaing 15 MPG driving from KY to MI. When I am driving the hills of KY and offroad, I am around 11-13 MPG.

throw a programer on that bad boy and the mpg's should go up by 1 or 2

Edited by razerok1

I'm gonna buy an EcoBoost F150. But I have to wait on a used one, because I absolutely refuse to pay 40K for a 1/2 ton. Yeah I want a 4DR 4X4 loaded to the hilt. Now if they come out with a 1/2 ton with a 3.7/4.0L turbo diesel I'll have to go that route. But I've been waiting on one of those for about 15 years now. :angry2:

Go here and check out the trailer towing drag race up the mountain. It's very impressive. If they prove to be as durable as they appear, I think this new F150 is going to redefine pickups as we know them.

If they prove to be as durable as they appear, I think this new F150 is going to redefine pickups as we know them.

I don't think there's any question that forced induction + a smaller engine is going to have a serious downward effect on longevity.

If they prove to be as durable as they appear, I think this new F150 is going to redefine pickups as we know them.

I don't think there's any question that forced induction + a smaller engine is going to have a serious downward effect on longevity.

It all depends on whether they planned for it in their design and it appears that they did. Did you see the dyno video in my link? There's really no way to duplicate that in the real world in the way they did. Freeze the engine to -20, fire it up and go full throttle at full load immediately? Talk about torture, that's it right there. The stresses from doing that would take most any other engine out in short order. Hammering a cold engine is one of the worst possible things you can do.

It appears that they really did try to validate long term usage in that dyno work, and bear in mind that was done for advertisement. I wonder just how many hours of testing was done in R&D before they brought cameras in? Only time in the real world will tell us how good it really is, but it's really looking like they are onto something.

It all depends on whether they planned for it in their design and it appears that they did. Did you see the dyno video in my link? There's really no way to duplicate that in the real world in the way they did. Freeze the engine to -20, fire it up and go full throttle at full load immediately? Talk about torture, that's it right there. The stresses from doing that would take most any other engine out in short order. Hammering a cold engine is one of the worst possible things you can do.

It appears that they really did try to validate long term usage in that dyno work, and bear in mind that was done for advertisement. I wonder just how many hours of testing was done in R&D before they brought cameras in? Only time in the real world will tell us how good it really is, but it's really looking like they are onto something.

I'm still loving the truck even though I haven't seen the 21mpg on the highway yet. My wife drives it a couple days a week to keep the miles down on her Z4. She drives in typical DFW Metro commuter traffic and we're averaging 16.5mph. I'm looking forward to a true highway trip where I can see just how close I get to the 21mpg.

A little off topic but I just test drove a 2011 Taurus SHO with the same ecoboost engine. Very impressive acceleration and its supposed to get about 26 mpg.

We were actually so impresssed that we will be picking one up on Monday.

Well so far I am less than impressed, I have a 2007 F150 FX4 regular cab short bed, with a HO 5.4 liter and the tow package, I get 18mpg empty and 15 pulling a horse trailer with horse. I really dont get it. Please Ford give us a 5 liter diesel,