Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi State 3 Gun Match

APRIL 2, 2004 EDITED LINK FOR APPLICATION - SHOULD WORK NOW!

Click Here for Application

I copied some of the information...

The match will have 13 stages, with 5 stages of shotgun, 4 rifle, and 4 pistol. The final points of each type of gun are going to be extremely close so being good with one will not be an advantage.

Right now our range is only good for about 100 yds but that may change, and smaller targets and tight shots make up for long range shots.

Shotguns --- Slugs there is a 12 round virginia count stage, no buckshot and nothing bigger than # 2 birdshot (range rules) spreader shells are allowed and might make a difference. We are looking at 90+ rounds along with the slugs.

Rifles --- We are recognizing the new Tactical division in the match which is a rifle that fits into the limited division but is allowed one optic on it. Sorry you manually operated rifle shooters, you can bring it but it will go into one of the three divisions according to how it is set up.  Round count for the rifle matches 125+ if you have no reshoots. Max range 100yds If the rifle fits into open, you are in open division for the entire match.

Pistols --- This is a USPSA match and the pistol must fit in the Limited or Open division. Rules are in the USPSA rulebook or at www.uspsa.org Round count for pistols also 125+if you have no reshoots production,and L-10 guns will go in Limited unless the rifle or shotgun fit into open.

Match Hotel The Hampton Inn, in Corinth MS phone number: 662-286-5949 ask for the 3-gun match rates.

Glen, Mississippi is located east of Corinth Mississippi on Hwy 72 east. It is located in the North East corner of the state. You can find a map and written directions on the CRSSA website www.crssa.com.  For you Civil War buffs we are 20 minutes from the Battle of Shilo, and Corinth itself was the sight of a pretty tough skirmish.

Now the good stuff,  Payback per class. 

1-3 shooters     1st

3-6 shooters     1st and 2nd

6-10 shooters   1st 2nd & 3rd

10-15 shooters 1st 2nd 3rd&4th

15-20 shooters  1st 2nd 3rd 4th & 5th

David and I will be at this match, he's shooting and I'm RO'ing :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: Hey folks, I have a little information you need to know about the Mississippi 3-gun Match:

The Match Hotel in not the Hampton inn, it is offically the Comfort inn.

we could not get together with the Hampton and so the Change, and I also listed it a little too quick, ( SORRY) Phone number to the Comfort INN 662-287-4421

When our webmaster gets back from Arizona next week We will have a schedule, and more information on the club website: www.crssa.com

We will be raffling off a dillon 550 without a caliber conversion at the match(thought ya'll might want a shot at it)

Just a few names of people coming to shoot:

Frank Garcia GM, Benny Hill M, Jeff Cramblit M( i think), Lynn Jones M, Stan Wigginton GM, Emanuel Bragg GM, Max Davidson M, Bryant Chaffin GM, Chad Lofton M (SANDBAGGER), and then the rest of us also rans!!! :)

KURT, bigbrowndog is trying to swing his vacation right now. if not i'll have to be SICK, like i was when i shot tx3gun. haha! if you'll bring some more cider!!! i'll try really hard to be there. get me your personal info, traprstsavoscout@netscape.net

From the app:

If you are not classified you will shoot as "Unclassed" and will shoot for overall results only

I am classified, but in L10, which this match does not apparently recognize. I am not classified in Limited, so what does "shoot for overall results only" mean?

Thanks, Lee

Immcrock

that means the pistol portion of the match will be limited or open,(make scoring easier) If you don't want to shoot using your L-10 classification you can shoot in Unclassed, your choice. or if you shoot production and are classified in it you can use that classification. :wacko:

prize awards are for the aggregate score, we are trying to keep it Simple for the first one of these. that is why the Limited or Open for Pistol

Hopalong- aka - SAM KEEN

by the way the match is not full, so anyone still interested check www.crssa.com

we got the Hotel problem fixed, a rough schedule is up depending on number of shooters is number of squads so no squad schedule will be posted.

I will tell ya'll this, "Practice reloading the Shotgun, find out where it shoots slugs out to around 60 yards." Nothing longer than 100 yds for the rifle.

There is very little intrest in Match shirts so there will not be any this year.

I am going to be at the Tn Tactical 3-gun this weekend see ya'll there if any of you are shooting, I will answer questions and have match entry forms, (copy of stages?)

Have a good weekend!

Hi guys and gals,

I though I would update.

I am getting 2-3 entries a day now and have had several calls.

Match HOTEL:: Comfort INN, Corinth, MS 662-287-4421

we could not get with the Hampton so we used the Comfort again.

Rough schedule will be on the website www.crssa.com soon.

squad schedule will not be posted because depending on entries is # of squads and # in a squad.

Food LUNCH will be Available at the range Saturday, drinks and snacks both days.

entries by Division

Limited: 3 Open: 10 Tactical: 16

Most common classification: Master

quick run through on stages,

Shotgun. 1 slug virgina count 12 shots

2 field courses 1 has 20+ shots the other 14 if you don't miss

2 speed shoots

Rifle 4 field courses 1 is kind of standards

Pistol 4 field courses 1 is kind of standards

Hope this helps, those who are already entered, drag someone else down with you, those who haven't yet and are planning on it, bring someone else too.

See You In MAY SAM KEEN

sam it all sounds great ! Hopefully I'll get out of Va Beach soon enough to get there in time for saturday, I gotta see Kurt run that shotgun again... Slugs at 60 yards, what kind of sadistic nut case are you ? I love it !!

c yall there

curtis

Yes, Curtis we think we saw kurt load the shotgun, to me it was a blur

For those who know Kurt (slight of hand shotgunner) his use of the smootbore is "not normal" For those of you who don't He is inspiring!

Kurt I will have a fan club to follow you around at the match before it is all over

:lol:

I have been debating on publishing the stages, a few I have talked to went both ways so what about it?

Hopalong ;)

:) Hi ya'll just a quick update:

Limited 4 Open 10 Tactical 19

I have spoken to several that have said they intend to come but have not recieved their entry forms yet my guess is around 10 more that I know of.

keep the pressure on those who have not committed the more the merrier

See ya'll in 3 weeks

SAM KEEN

Also a reply to Benny's quote. "its going to be a shotgun hosefest"

You got some of it right :wacko:

Stages are up for the MS 3-gun championship :D

Go to www.crssa.com click on practical pistol and then click on the link that says CLICK HERE for stages.

Thanks to Lynn Jones for all the help getting them up !!!!!!

The Match is not full :(:(:(:(

but I am still getting an entry or two a day :P

For those who have already entered,

I will see you in two weeks or so, I will get a rough schedule posted on the website very soon, (before Monday)

For those who are holding back, Come on IN the waters FINE :rolleyes:

SAM KEEN

Update as of now we have:

Open - 11

Limited - 6

Tactical - 17

We have Plenty of room for more shooters, drag someone with you kicking, and screaming it doesn't matter. as of right now everyone has a 1 in 10 chance of getting their name pulled for a gun :)

If anyone has problems with a hotel room please let me know, or mention Nathan Hendrix along with 3-gun block or Crssa block. Comfort Inn 662-287-4421

this thing is going to cause me to pull all my hair out :wacko:

I still have not heard from Jeff Cramblit, can anyone drop him a line? He e-mailed me back in March and said he intended to make it.

Yea I had trouble witht the hotel rooms. I tried to get a double occupancy room and was tolod that they are completely full and would have to get two singles. Not a great big thing, but the cost of the shoot just went up quite a bit. KURTM