Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM barrel!

saab

Tried my new KKM barrel in my M&P PRO9 today and holy crap! At 25yds from the Bianchi barricade... 5 shot group of 1 7/8 inch with 3 shots into 1/2 inch! This compared to my group last week of 2.5" at 25.

$175 to my door.

Not very much over factory in my kkm m&p bbl. My reloads on hand will function but engage the rifling causing me to really give the slide a gorilla pull to eject a cartridge. These are 124 mg cmj bullets at a length that have no such issues with the factory bbl. I can measure one later as I am posting this from my phone

I gave my KKM barrel a whirl today. First, I don't think I have ever seen a better finish in a handgun barrel other than possibly my HK's. The rifling does start close to the shoulder, I had to force a reload out that would not allow the barrel to go into battery. These shot into about 1.75", so I can't wait to try them with a shorter OAL.

Now, the good news..... it turned patterns into groups! I am a happy camper. It seems to be a consistent 2.5 to 3" gun now at 25yds. Before I would sometimes see 4" plus.

Edited by SPR1

I have a KKM barrel in my M&P I use for IDPA, it probably has 8 or 10 thousand rounds thru it and has done great.

It does have a tight and short chamber, some rounds that case gauge fine won't go in the chamber very well and with 124 MG's 1.080 is a long as I can go.

I thought about reamer the chamber but it's a nice barrel as is and I just gauge all my match (or most anyway) with the barrel.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another KKM barrel and would recommend them to a Friend.

Greg